Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

1973 Z1

Advertise your BIKES and PARTS here

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

ANZed
100Club
100Club

Re: 1973 Z1

#16 PostAuthor: ANZed » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:50 am

I have also sent you a PM requesting contact details.

irhobotolo
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#17 PostAuthor: irhobotolo » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:27 pm

RAYZ1 wrote:& you confirm that you dont actually own it , and havent done so for years, but imported it (so thats ok as its being honest on the forum)

AND HAVENT DONE SO FOR YEARS. TELL ME RAY WHEN AND WHERE DID I SAY THAT.

For your information Ray I sold the bike in the summer and its now located with its new owner down south.

People like you are the reason why I hardly ever come on here anymore and its also the reason why the bikes new owner doesnt come on here and also the reason why a lot of long standing club members also dont come on here anymore. They cant be doing with the shyte and neither can I. Sorry if thats harsh but its the way I see it.

The bike is a bargain and I would have it back if it wasnt for the 20 bikes and 2 Z1s that I already have :ups

The bike was bid up to 15900 on ebay when I put it on there and the high bidder contacted me after the auction and offered me 16000 cash the next day which I accepted. I dont lie and I dont decieve and anyone on here who knows me will confirm that. Its a sad fact of life that there are people who do but thats not me and I dont like it when people imply that I am dishonest.

The seller is known to me and he is a genuine enthusiast who has had a unforseen change in circumstances and I feel gutted for him being forced to sell it.

Thanks to those who have shown an interest and I have passed on your details to the owner who lives 170 miles away from me just incase anyone else thinks its in my garage.

irhobotolo
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#18 PostAuthor: irhobotolo » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:02 pm

Thanks to those that have messaged me or shown an interest in the bike. I have passed on everyones contact details to the owner.

chrisNI
Site Admin

#19 PostAuthor: chrisNI » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:40 pm

irhobotolo wrote:The seller is known to me and he is a genuine enthusiast who has had a unforseen change in circumstances and I feel gutted for him being forced to sell it.

That’s the way I read it...

chrisNI wrote:I’m sure this will be addressed but my reading is that the bike has been sold to a friend since the eBay auction and the new owner is now selling again. Don’t know about the eBay reserve and all this is out of my price bracket anyway but in today’s market £16k seems reasonable :shock:

What does annoy me somewhat though is when people say they don’t come on here any more because people say this or that. Most of the club members I have met (and I have met a lot over the last almost thirty years) are friendly and helpful, we run the forum to try and be helpful, and we try to let people have their say. I think it’s unfair to blame the club as a whole for things that people take issue with from individual posters, but that seems to happen a lot. What should we do, moderate to death? I’m only asking....

garyd
Hardcore
Hardcore

#20 PostAuthor: garyd » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:15 am

Couldn't agree more Chris.

I had an issue with an indiviual a while back but I didn't knock the club for his attitude and stayed around.

Wonder where he's gone?

irhobotolo
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#21 PostAuthor: irhobotolo » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:30 pm

chrisNI wrote: I think it’s unfair to blame the club as a whole for things that people take issue with from individual posters, but that seems to happen a lot. What should we do, moderate to death? I’m only asking....

Chris , I put a post on the forum which was genuine , honest and accurate and a club member that I have met and previously respected tried to make out that it was some kind of sham or fraud. I dont know what the agenda was and I am not even bothered. I dont think its fair and its not my idea of how a club should be.

Nowhere have I blamed the club as a whole and I have no problem with people taking issue as long as its fair and accurate and not just total crap that is the result of adding two and two together and making eight.

chrisNI
Site Admin

#22 PostAuthor: chrisNI » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:51 pm

That’s fair enough, as I said I read your post as it seems you intended, and said so, and if others misinterpreted it that’s for them to untangle. I think you clarified it. It just bothers me what you say, that you and others don’t come on here because of all the shyte - I don’t think it’s that bad and the moderators do their best to keep it civil without over moderating. I’ve heard this before sometimes and it saddens me, because if people say the forum is a waste of time and full of backbiting and other shite it does reflect badly on the club as a whole, which I think is unfair.

Andy M
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#23 PostAuthor: Andy M » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:31 pm

It's like any site/ forum or w h y . These comments that piss folk off are being said on a computer, those keyboard warriors wouldn't utter the same words on the club stand or at a club meeting , it's easy behind a computer screen . This is sad but true and unfortunately it reflects back on here or wherever those brave warriors are spouting their bile .
"Be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly, and listen to others; even the dull and ignorant. They, too, have their story."

ADRIAN H
Hardcore
Hardcore

#24 PostAuthor: ADRIAN H » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:32 pm

This forum is a lot better than most. Haven’t noticed much bad mouthing / bitching etc. It is easy to misread writing - as impossible to judge emotion / or intent of the writer.

Hope the owner manages to recoup his money.

regards.
Adrian.
adrianhorsfield@live.co.uk
Sunny Bournemouth. Dorset. UK.

Ultim8pc
Hardcore
Hardcore

#25 PostAuthor: Ultim8pc » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:59 am

ADRIAN H wrote:This forum is a lot better than most.

For sure. I'm a long standing member of a couple of other OCs and this place is very easy going and trouble free in comparison..
http://www.airevalleyclassics.co.uk
10% discount code Z1OCTEN
Keyster rebuild kits & carburettor spares - airscrews, jets, needles, starter plungers & gaskets.
Also petrol/ethanol proof float bowl gaskets. IMD pistons preferred seller.

warren3200gt
Hardcore
Hardcore

#26 PostAuthor: warren3200gt » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:38 am

go in the lounge on pistonheads if you want some real entertainment / fisticuffs depending on your point of view.
PUM 488 June 2023
76 Z900A4, 77 Z650B1, 77 KZ650B1, 77 Z1000A1, 82 Z1000J2, ZRX1100R.

RAYZ1
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#27 PostAuthor: RAYZ1 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:08 pm

irhobotolo wrote:
Nowhere have I blamed the club as a whole and I have no problem with people taking issue as long as its fair and accurate and not just total crap that is the result of adding two and two together and making eight.

Ok to clarify , I had no agenda or neither am I a keyboard warrior, yes I have an opinion or may query something . I said at the start the post was a bit controversial and how it may look to others, as I said, I've been on the receiving end of shill bidding and misleading ebay sales by leading Z & H enthusiasts , people who everyone on this board will know. I simply said how it appeared to me and maybe others.

When I sell anything I do it as honestly as possible and a reasonable price, and apologies in public to irhobotolo if 2+2= 8, I understand the scenario , it might have helped if it was explained a bit more in the original post - and the Z1 is certainly a reasonable price

So next time I'm at Stafford, missed it this year, I will duly make a point of personal introduction to those on the stand
yes you can have too many bikes

Big Fluff
Hardcore
Hardcore

#28 PostAuthor: Big Fluff » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:44 am

Never mind that Ray, can I have the Saxon back please :lol:
Kawasaki GPz750T, Kawasaki ZRX1100R, Kawasaki GPZ1000RX, H**** VF1000RG Rothmans, H**** VF500F2F, H**** CB1100RD, Suzuki GSX1100EFE, H**** XL125K2

RAYZ1
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#29 PostAuthor: RAYZ1 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:27 pm

Big Fluff wrote:Never mind that Ray, can I have the Saxon back please :lol:

Your top of the list , or do you think Frank could get 60K for it ? :lol: I still have the other one
yes you can have too many bikes

PJONO
100Club
100Club

#30 PostAuthor: PJONO » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:04 pm

Hi, Within all the goings on I cannot determine whether the bike is sold or available for sale still. If so could the seller message me to let me know one way or the other please
Thanks

Can be contacted on 07511801197

Return to “For Sale”