Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

FOR SALE RULES - YOUR AD WILL BE DELETED IF IT DOESN'T HAVE A PRICE! Etc.

Advertise your BIKES and PARTS here

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Administrator
Site Admin

FOR SALE RULES - YOUR AD WILL BE DELETED IF IT DOESN'T HAVE A PRICE! Etc.

#1 PostAuthor: Administrator » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:47 am

This For Sale section is provided as a courtesy to make it easier for forum members to get hold of and get rid of Z specific stuff in these times of an increasingly unseemly scramble for all things Zed. We would ask that rules of common courtesy and fairness are applied in all circumstances. Please respect these simple guidelines:

Auctions are allowed, but if it's a straight auction it must say so up front and must have a time deadline. It is not ethical to start with a straight sale then switch to an auction. If there is a Buy it Now price this must be indicated, as with a reserve - preferably state what that is as this isn’t eBay and we’re not taking the piss out of each other. If someone offers the BIN they should be sold the item and that should be honoured against further bidding bids. An o.n.o. sale should be considered as an auction with BIN. Bids should be posted in the open on the thread.

If it's a for sale with a price it should be sold to the first person to offer the price. Board etiquette would be that if you are not first in with the asking price you should not try to buy the item out from under the first bidder, and sellers should honour the first bid.

Items should not be offered with no price unless it's an auction - then the rules above should apply.

It is probably fair enough to express an interest in a sold item in the event of a deal falling through, but clearly there is a clear difference between doing this and trying to poach a sale. Once again use fairness please. It's as much down to buyers as to sellers to make sure these rules work by respecting other buyers.

"PM sent" in a thread with no indication of whether the PM was an enquiry, partial offer actual full price met, and with no other indication that the sale has been completed, means nothing. It should not be seen as a reason not to put in an offer. It is not necessary to indicate in the thread if you send a PM. If you are offering the asking price and want it on record you of course can post saying that.

Ginger Bear
Hardcore
Hardcore

#2 PostAuthor: Ginger Bear » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:36 am

We've had this policy for over a year now & a lot of people still don't seem to realise, which is why I've edited the title to make it a little more obvious.

I am getting a little tired of pointing this out & will consider removing any ads that don't have a price..... simple. :grr

# 104

Phil Churchett Award Winner 2011 & 2016 :D
Buzzworkz Best Modified Zed 2016

Ginger Bear
Hardcore
Hardcore

#3 PostAuthor: Ginger Bear » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:53 pm

OK,
I'm "Pissed off" with having to keep banging on about this... It's been forum policy for long enough.

I have once again changed Chris's original title to be as obvious as possible.
I will now simply delete ad's without any explanation. If people can't be bothered to read the 'rules', then I can't be bothered to tell 'em why their ad has been removed!

It's nothing personal, GB :star

# 104

Phil Churchett Award Winner 2011 & 2016 :D

Buzzworkz Best Modified Zed 2016

huey1970
new poster

Re: FOR SALE RULES - YOUR AD WILL BE DELETED IF IT DOESN'T HAVE A PRICE! Etc.

#4 PostAuthor: huey1970 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:58 pm

i dont know what its worth though i bought it 5 years ago ,eugene.i thought i could negoicate a price,???

warren3200gt
Hardcore
Hardcore

#5 PostAuthor: warren3200gt » Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:05 pm

You must have a price in mind you would be happy with. If it's too high you'll get no response, if it's too low it'll sell before you know it.
Value, anything is only worth what someone will pay for it. If that is lower than your happy with then your no obligation to sell it!
Club rules state that for sale ads must have a pic and a price or admins will delete it in line with the rules.
PUM 488 June 2023
76 Z900A4, 77 Z650B1, 77 KZ650B1, 77 Z1000A1, 82 Z1000J2, ZRX1100R.

chrisNI
Site Admin

#6 PostAuthor: chrisNI » Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:21 pm

huey1970 wrote:i dont know what its worth though i bought it 5 years ago ,eugene.i thought i could negoicate a price,???

See the rules above re running an auction but it would have to be done as set down up there and it’s not without pitfalls so not really recommend as a course of action. But you can try if you want :D

The Living Zed
Regular Poster

#7 PostAuthor: The Living Zed » Thu May 05, 2022 8:18 pm

Sorry guys. I didn't realise. I've never sold anything like this before and didn't know the rules.
The reason I advertised it like this is because I don't really know what it's worth.
Delete the ad and I'll do it properly. Sorry for pissing you off. please excuse my ignorance.

warren3200gt
Hardcore
Hardcore

#8 PostAuthor: warren3200gt » Thu May 05, 2022 8:23 pm

No need to delete the ads just add the price and pics :up
PUM 488 June 2023

ADRIAN H
Hardcore
Hardcore

#9 PostAuthor: ADRIAN H » Thu May 05, 2022 8:50 pm

The Living Zed wrote:Sorry guys. I didn't realise. I've never sold anything like this before and didn't know the rules.
The reason I advertised it like this is because I don't really know what it's worth.
Delete the ad and I'll do it properly. Sorry for pissing you off. please excuse my ignorance.

You could do a thread in the discussion part of the site and ask for valuations. But you will need to post photos.
adrianhorsfield@live.co.uk
Sunny Bournemouth. Dorset. UK.

warren3200gt
Hardcore
Hardcore

#10 PostAuthor: warren3200gt » Sun May 08, 2022 1:21 pm

How long do mods give to abide by the rules before deletion? There seems little point in having rules if they're not policed.
PUM 488 June 2023

Return to “For Sale”