Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Best way to sell a "special"?

Advertise your BIKES and PARTS here

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Julian_Boolean
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Re: Best way to sell a "special"?

#16 PostAuthor: Julian_Boolean » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:59 am

martinz1000r wrote:Those lovely '90's cocktail colour schemes. You need Fieldscheer acid etched leathers to go with them.

I'm afraid mine's a little bit modded although it does come with all standard parts, spare tank, genuine Yamaha fairings etc, etc. Robw, Al etc will recognise the bike. It's the one they cant keep up with.....

It's still nice, I had a pink R from 96 to 2000, lovely bike, I would really like an SP though for the carbs and gearbox, bizarrely I found a set of YZF front discs in the garage at the weekend, I thought I'd sold them years ago.
An expanding collection of parts pretending to be a Z1100R and a Yamaha FZ750

martinz1000r
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#17 PostAuthor: martinz1000r » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:47 am

Julian_Boolean wrote:
martinz1000r wrote:Those lovely '90's cocktail colour schemes. You need Fieldscheer acid etched leathers to go with them.

I'm afraid mine's a little bit modded although it does come with all standard parts, spare tank, genuine Yamaha fairings etc, etc. Robw, Al etc will recognise the bike. It's the one they cant keep up with.....

It's still nice, I had a pink R from 96 to 2000, lovely bike, I would really like an SP though for the carbs and gearbox, bizarrely I found a set of YZF front discs in the garage at the weekend, I thought I'd sold them years ago.

Julian, you know its a genuine UK spec SP? FCR carbs, cassette close ratio box and fully adjustable suspension recently serviced by MH Racing. Full Akra exhaust. It will be at Cadwell......
Z1000R, Moto Martin GPz, z900 A4 Crosby Replica, Harris Magnum 2, Suzuki GSXR 1100 Slabbie, SP1 Hoonda x 2, Katana 1100, Bimota SB6R and Tuatara

Julian_Boolean
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#18 PostAuthor: Julian_Boolean » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:15 pm

I am aware of that, I'm also aware of my bank balance and my wife who will say "Buy it if you want it" but then I'll be treated to the stony silence of death.

pluto
100Club
100Club

#19 PostAuthor: pluto » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:05 pm

Surely you wont tell her how much it really costs? Schoolboy error that!

kev edwards
Hardcore
Hardcore

#20 PostAuthor: kev edwards » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:25 pm

Had one of those YZF's in Nescafe' colours and by god did it shift, glad i don't have it anymore as i loved giving it the beans and it probably would have cost me my license or more.

Julian_Boolean
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#21 PostAuthor: Julian_Boolean » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:28 pm

pluto wrote:Surely you wont tell her how much it really costs? Schoolboy error that!

I don't think she knows how much I've spent on the big green monster in the garage, then again I don't want to work that out either.

Is Vic There
Hardcore
Hardcore

#22 PostAuthor: Is Vic There » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:31 pm

I've got a YZF750SP in the pink power rangers colours, the handling is brill, it make me look quite good as I'm usually Captain slow in the twisties :D

I really hope you get the Bimota, there's one over here that I have my eye on, the bloke imports bike from the states, nice fella. He had bought half a dozen of them when they went broke as well as the test equipment and sussed out how to get a standard bike running right! He said it wasn't that difficult and most dealers were not clued up on what to do, also by that time there was bugger all support from Italy as the writing was on the wall job wise!
Norton 850 Command, Harris Mag 2, Harris Mag 5, Triumph Steve McQueen, Suzuki RGV250 Barry Sheene, RG250 Walter Wolf, RD125LC, Lambretta Li150, Vespa 50N.

Return to “For Sale”