Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

GPz750A3 for sale

Advertise your BIKES and PARTS here

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

roosterrs
Regular Poster

GPz750A3 for sale

#1 PostAuthor: roosterrs » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:43 pm

The time has come to sell my GPz750A3. Its a 1985 model on a B plate. First registered July 1985.
It is in original condition with the original firecracker red paint so has a nice patina. I have fitted some better side panels to it as the originals had worn through the paint. Fairing has a couple of small cracks. I have the bellypan and fairing side panels but havn't refitted them as I prefer it that way.
I purchased this a couple of years ago after it had been stored away since 1999.
I stripped it down and rebuilt it. There is a big folder full of receipts from the previous owner and I have added to this. Parts have come from CMSNL, Cradley Kawasaki, M&P, Zpower amonst others.
Bike was stripped down and the engine removed. I replaced the rear suspension pivot and linkage with good used parts from the states as the originals had seized up. Still has the original rear shock. Front forks have been rebuilt with new old stock Kawasaki fork tubes and I also fitted some new anti dive units I found on Ebay along with some new progressive fork springs. Brakes have been overhauled with new pistons and seals. It has also had a new set of Goodridge brake hoses front and rear. New brake pads have also been fitted. New chain and sprockets aswell.
Engine has been stripped down and rebuilt. (Good job I did as I found a tappet shim in the sump).Replaced the barrels and pistons with a good used set from John Browse. Shims set with a new cam chain and new springs etc for the chain tensioner.. Carbs have been rebuilt and fitted with new Keyster carb kits. New air filter, intake rubbers and rubber trumpets into the airbox.
Exhaust is a genuine Harris 4 into 1 but I replaced the cone section. Near to the end can. This was all re-chromed at Marque Restore in Coventry. It does have a new Norman Hyde baffle fitted.
All the tank LED's work and clocks aswell. New rear indicators fitted. It is also fitted with a GPz750 Turbo rear mudguard which I repaired as it had some cracks in it.
The tank does have a new fuel sender fitted.
I have fitted replacement wheels that were painted red instead of black. These were fitted with new Bridgestone BT45 tyres.
It has just ran out of MOT since being rebuilt and I have completed 158 miles on it. It is now SORN.
The engine number does not match the frame, but I do have the reciept when this was changed as this was in 1997.
There are a few old style log books, MOT's from 1989-1999, owners handbook is under the seat and the original service record book is also with it. Also have an original sales brochure to go with it.
I do have the original rear mudguard and rear grabrail with shelf on it but these may go seperately. I fitted a grabrail without the shelf as I prefer the look of these.
I will put some pictures up when I have time.
Price is £2000. Bike is located in Northamptonshire about 20 mins from the M1/M6/A14 junction near Lutterworth.
Any questions, please ask and I will do my best to answer.

roosterrs
Regular Poster

Re: GPz750A3 for sale

#2 PostAuthor: roosterrs » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:48 pm

Image[/url]

chrisNI
Site Admin

#3 PostAuthor: chrisNI » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:12 pm

Nice bike glws :D

martinz1000r
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#4 PostAuthor: martinz1000r » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:10 am

Lovely bike. Credit to you. Shame tax man is chasing me or i'd be tempted.
Z1000R, Moto Martin GPz, z900 A4 Crosby Replica, Harris Magnum 2, Suzuki GSXR 1100 Slabbie, SP1 Hoonda x 2, Katana 1100, Bimota SB6R and Tuatara

roosterrs
Regular Poster

#5 PostAuthor: roosterrs » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:55 pm

Pictures taken today
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

roosterrs
Regular Poster

#6 PostAuthor: roosterrs » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:00 pm

More picture
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

roosterrs
Regular Poster

#7 PostAuthor: roosterrs » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:21 pm

This bike is still for sale, MOT until August 2020. It has now covered just 216 miles since it was MOT'd in Sept 2016 after the rebuild mentioned in the post at the top of the thread. Currently SORN. Stored in a heated garage with dehumidifier. £2000. Located near Northampton. Any questions please ask.

roosterrs
Regular Poster

#8 PostAuthor: roosterrs » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:31 am

Bike is still available.

tim.25
100Club
100Club

#9 PostAuthor: tim.25 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:15 pm

Double your price and plonk it on ebay
Z900a4, BMW 1200GS, KTBFFH