Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Z900A4 Vance & Hines Exhaust

Advertise your BIKES and PARTS here

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Bicycle Repairman
Regular Poster

Z900A4 Vance & Hines Exhaust

#1 PostAuthor: Bicycle Repairman » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:25 pm

This year I have been mostly spending every free hour and a vast amount of money encouraging a large old American tractor to move under its own power. That was followed by riding the thing (which weighs about the same as my house) and stopping it from hitting trees or trying to clear a path through the local orphanage.

Consequently, my restored Z900 is still at the back of the garage waiting for the shameful episode of the World’s Most Expensive Paintset and Longest-Running Brand New Leaking Tank Foul-up to resolve.

However, in beginning the process of encouraging that Z900 to move again, I am confronted by the rather large collection of parts in my loft. Mostly triple parts and I’ve no idea how I managed to amass three sets of exhausts for a KH400 or carb sets come to that.

I have found the Vance and Hines exhaust that arrived with my Z900 when I bought it. I fitted a set of Doremi foursies from Saisei, popped the V&H in the loft and forgot about it, “as any hoarder would” (not my words).
I don’t know how many miles the V&H pipes had done before the bike came into my ownership. I think very few as the front mudguard, handlebars and pipes were pretty much new. However, they are used and show a little straw colouring starting on the initial bend at the exhaust launch. The only rust is a tiny dusting of speckles on part of the extreme end of the internal baffle. I took photographs.

Those saviours at Z-Power are currently selling these pipes at £500 and since my Z900 would still be a smoking, leaking, Dulux-finished pile of ordure without their help, I think that is a very fair price.
For this second-hand set I thought £250 would be a good price and that is what it will go on Ebay at should there be no interest here.

For members of this august forum who have been extremely helpful and have given me some excellent laughs and even put up with my nonsense; the price is £200.

I tried to post some photographs. That didn't work: PM me and I’ll email them to anyone interested.

I’m not posting this set of pipes, I’m cured of trying to post awkwardly-shaped chromed dentable items. So for those of you living in Scapa Flow or Darwin, bear in mind I live in the dreaming hill-country of the far North of Essex so beautifully depicted by John Constable and so brutalised by the legacy of ‘Nam…….that’s Dage’Nam.

Garry.L
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Z900A4 Vance & Hines Exhaust

#2 PostAuthor: Garry.L » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:38 pm

Bicycle Repairman wrote: I managed to amass three sets of exhausts for a KH400

You selling these as well?.
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Bicycle Repairman
Regular Poster

#3 PostAuthor: Bicycle Repairman » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:28 pm

Oh yes.
Of these I have no idea of value. I'll put those in an auction I think and let the people decide.

zed1015
Hardcore
Hardcore

#4 PostAuthor: zed1015 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:32 pm

I would hang on to the V&H until you have actually run the bike with the pattern 4+4s.
There's a good chance the bike won't pull the skin off a rice pudding and barely reach 75mph if they are the copies that are modelled with restrictive internals (which is most of them).

garyd
Hardcore
Hardcore

#5 PostAuthor: garyd » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:02 pm

PMed :wink:

8 Valve Mark
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#6 PostAuthor: 8 Valve Mark » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:41 am

I'll have the v+h (if still available ) pm sent.

Bicycle Repairman
Regular Poster

#7 PostAuthor: Bicycle Repairman » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:19 pm

Sold now.

Return to “For Sale”