Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Z1000 Barrels and Pistons SOLD

Advertise your BIKES and PARTS here

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Peter
Regular Poster

Z1000 Barrels and Pistons SOLD

#1 PostAuthor: Peter » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:08 am

1015 barrels bored to approx 73mm (measured with a rule!) complete with pistons and rings. I think these are Z1100 pistons and have ART 107 cast into them. These have only done approx 500 miles due to the previous owner pinching an oil ring on assembly and scoring one liner which caused the bike to run rough. He'd spent loads on new flat slide carbs, Dyna ignition etc but couldn't get it to run properly, so in a a fit of frustration he broke the bike! I sent the barrels and pistons to Big 4 engineering in Whaley Bridge where they fitted one new liner, repaired a couple of damaged fins, checked the rest and supplied a replacement set of rings for one piston to replace the damaged set. Been sat in my garage ever since (15 plus years) for that project that never happened...
£195 (which if memory serves me right is less than I spent having them repaired!).
[attachment=3]IMG_0337.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]IMG_0338.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]IMG_0339.JPG[/attachment][attachment=0]IMG_0340.JPG[/attachment]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Peter (ex Z1000R2 owner)

Return to “For Sale”