Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Dyna S Ignition

Advertise your BIKES and PARTS here

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Coose
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Dyna S Ignition

#1 PostAuthor: Coose » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:25 pm

Evening all,

I recently picked up a Dyna S DS2-1 ignition, which if I'm honest I don't think will make any difference compared to the stock ignition on my J so I'm thinking of selling it.

Unfortunately it doesn't have the rotor, but these can be had for about £20 + postage from Dynojet UK. Because of this (and my bike being in bits) I haven't tested it but it looks to be in decent condition.

Would anyone be interested at £65 delivered?

Cheers,
Coose

Mick J
Regular Poster

Re: Dyna S Ignition

#2 PostAuthor: Mick J » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:18 pm

Coose, PM sent, Mick

Coose
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#3 PostAuthor: Coose » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:45 am

Sold! :)

rickm
100Club
100Club

#4 PostAuthor: rickm » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:40 pm

Coose wrote:Evening all,

I recently picked up a Dyna S DS2-1 ignition, which if I'm honest I don't think will make any difference compared to the stock ignition on my J so I'm thinking of selling it.

Just fitted one of these to my J, after it never being a great starter ever since I bought it from Kipkawa a couple of years ago. It's made a massive difference to ease of starting and smoothness of tickover. Saying that, I think my IC igniter was slowly going bad over a period of time, and I was a bit sceptical, but the Dyna S was a good move if you ever need it.
H2B GPZ900R

Coose
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#5 PostAuthor: Coose » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:59 am

Thanks. Mine never had a problem starting or ticking over (other than being pilot jet related, but that's hopefully sorted now) so I think yours had a problem.
I would be tempted by a Dyna 2000 if one comes up at the right price though.... :wink:

Julian_Boolean
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#6 PostAuthor: Julian_Boolean » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:32 am

The only real benefit of the Dyna 2000 is the rev limiter (in case you miss a gear), I only ever use ignition curve no.4 on my bike, I tried 5 but this gave it a flat spot in the mid range, maybe I'll get a programming lead and program my own curve for it, but talking to Chris Tombleson he said 36 degrees was right for my engine.

The difference between 4 and 5 is the rpm that it gets to maximum advance at, 5 reaches maximum advance at higher rpm than 4.
An expanding collection of parts pretending to be a Z1100R and a Yamaha FZ750

Coose
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#7 PostAuthor: Coose » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:12 pm

To be honest my motor won't be too far from stock, so I doubt I'd reap much benefit anyway....

Return to “For Sale”