Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Engine parts for sale continued.....

Advertise your BIKES and PARTS here

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Zomerset Zed
100Club
100Club

Engine parts for sale continued.....

#1 PostAuthor: Zomerset Zed » Thu May 03, 2018 9:53 am

Standard Z1000 A series (i think) valve gear. Now these are what came out of the bike i bought. It was 4 years ago so my memory isn't what it used to be but i have labelled all 4 inlet valves as bent as they were binding in the guides and all the pistons had valve contact witness marks on the crowns, so i would assume that all the exhaust valves are also bent but they did not bind in the guides. I have not measured them as decided to go for all new Unitrac valve gear on the rebuild. But everything else is there including springs, spring seats and retainers, collets, buckets and shims. No seals. I'll say £25 posted UK. But make me an offer if they are any use to anyone....

DSC03279.JPG
DSC03280.JPG

Wiseco 73mm (1105cc) forged pistons, rings and gudgeon pins. No circlips. No 4 top ring had let go and has damaged the piston. You can see the damage in one of the photos. I managed to find a new set to replace them and kept these for another project, but that project has been cancelled. These are the long skirt design from memory and the newer Wiseco 73mm pistons have a slightly shorter skirt. May be of some use to someone. They have all got valve contact witness marks on the crowns. I don't think they are from when the engine was running as when i bought the bike, the owner was bouncing up and down on the kickstart saying the engine wouldn't turn over. :shock: When i pulled down the engine, the valve timing was a long way off hence the valve to piston contact and it wouldn't turn over.

DSC03283.JPG
DSC03284.JPG
DSC03285.JPG
DSC03286.JPG
DSC03287.JPG
DSC03288.JPG
DSC03290.JPG

What these are worth is anyones guess, so lets say £50, but again, make me an offer if you can use them?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “For Sale”