Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Carbs for sale

Advertise your BIKES and PARTS here

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

rpeters
Bristol's "H" Hoarder

Carbs for sale

#1 PostAuthor: rpeters » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:01 am

I dug these out on the weekend, i want to sell them but don't know what they are from they are 26 -27mm inlet.
One set has been fully refurbished as you can see, the other is in good condition. Until i know what they are can't really put a price, so any ideas on value would be appreciated.
Thanks
Rob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
paid up member

Charlie
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Re: Carbs for sale

#2 PostAuthor: Charlie » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:26 am

On the number 1 carb inlet flange will be a very small set of numbers, those numbers will ID exactly what carbs they are. It does not in itself state what they are off, but gives a better indication. :)
Why do I persist in debating with idiots ? I really should know better :)

zed1015
Hardcore
Hardcore

#3 PostAuthor: zed1015 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:24 am

VM26mm's from either Z900 or Z1000.
Only by checking the jetting sizes and needle codes will you pinpoint the exact year/model they are off.
Otherwise the bodies are the same and if functioning correctly they will run ok on any 9 or 1000 with the suitable main jet correction.

kev edwards
Hardcore
Hardcore

#4 PostAuthor: kev edwards » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:46 pm

2nd pic has a vacuum stub for tap on number three would say Z1000 A2.

DogsbolloxofZ1B
Hardcore
Hardcore

#5 PostAuthor: DogsbolloxofZ1B » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:15 pm

They are for Z1000-A1, the position of the air/fuel mixture screw gives it away. I’d suggest the restored set is £175-200
but would be best to advertise stating of unkown condition.
So many of these restored carbs are rubbish and don’t
perform on the bike.

Andy M
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#6 PostAuthor: Andy M » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:26 pm

Trouble is it's easy to make them look good but they are still 40 yrs old and once they have been stripped and rebuilt then who knows ????
"Be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly, and listen to others; even the dull and ignorant. They, too, have their story."

HighlandStu
Regular Poster

#7 PostAuthor: HighlandStu » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:40 pm

rpeters wrote:I dug these out on the weekend, i want to sell them but don't know what they are from they are 26 -27mm inlet.
One set has been fully refurbished as you can see, the other is in good condition. Until i know what they are can't really put a price, so any ideas on value would be appreciated.
Thanks
Rob

I could do with a spare set of carbs for spares, had a think about the price yet ? Would need them posting to Bedfordshire, I'll just double check my carbs pretty sure they're A1

8 Valve Mark
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#8 PostAuthor: 8 Valve Mark » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:04 pm

interesting post, I've got some vm26 carbs which i believe came off a gs1000, they have vacuum stubs on cylinders 2,3 and 4.single fuel feed between carbs 2+3..any identifying info welcomed as they need air, pilot screws,and I'm not sure what parts to order for a thorough rebuild. they came without emulsion tubes but i have some z1000 jobs which i reckon will work ok and 117.5 mains vs the gs 85 mains.. f'nose tho..cheers mark

rpeters
Bristol's "H" Hoarder

#9 PostAuthor: rpeters » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:40 am

Thanks for the responses, as i cant verify or guarantee them, then I guess I will ask £150 for the 'clean' set and £100 for the other set. Plus postage

Cheers

Rob
paid up member

zed1015
Hardcore
Hardcore

#10 PostAuthor: zed1015 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:27 am

8 Valve Mark wrote:interesting post, I've got some vm26 carbs which i believe came off a gs1000, they have vacuum stubs on cylinders 2,3 and 4.single fuel feed between carbs 2+3..any identifying info welcomed as they need air, pilot screws,and I'm not sure what parts to order for a thorough rebuild. they came without emulsion tubes but i have some z1000 jobs which i reckon will work ok and 117.5 mains vs the gs 85 mains.. f'nose tho..cheers mark

If they have both fuel and air mix screws they are GS750,850 or 1000.
For use on a z1000 just buy the VM26 GS1000 keyster kits.
They come with all the internals, mix screws and gaskets except the emulsion tubes and floats.
Make sure you use the tubes from vm26's as the 28 ones are slightly shorter.
The "vac" stub on 3 will be for a vac fuel tap and the ones on 2 and 4 are breathers.
If going on a stock zed stay around the stock GS 95 main as the bigger pilots they use compensate for this.
On my alloy cafe i used Keyster kits for GS1000S VM28's in GS750 26mm bodies bored out to 29.4mm.
Running Wiseco 1075's with open carbs,Norris cams,ported head etc it only needed 117.5 mains at the most.

kev edwards
Hardcore
Hardcore

#11 PostAuthor: kev edwards » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:48 pm

DogsbolloxofZ1B wrote:They are for Z1000-A1, the position of the air/fuel mixture screw gives it away. I’d suggest the restored set is £175-200
but would be best to advertise stating of unkown condition.
So many of these restored carbs are rubbish and don’t
perform on the bike.

A1 did not have vacuum tap, that came in on A2, fuel mix screw in same position.

Return to “For Sale”