Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

RG400 Very Nice Example ! (now sold)

Advertise your BIKES and PARTS here

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Tonto
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

RG400 Very Nice Example ! (now sold)

#1 PostAuthor: Tonto » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:17 pm

Due to need for more garage space, my RG400 is being put up for sale: before going on eBay & Car and Classic, thought I would see if she was of interest to anyone on these hallowed pages. Some pics below

P1020578.JPG

P1020577.JPG

P1020579.JPG

Approx 11,000 miles and she really is very tidy: paintwork is totally unmarked (but pillion seat pad has a slight tear / imperfection), genuine Suzuki Bodywork, rides, handles and brakes very well: quite a nippy and nimble little thing (60+ BHP / 145kg) and sounds crisp and absolutely lovely when on the pipe. Bought her approx 18 months ago from a VJMC guru (runs a bike shop - he imported it from Japan 3yrs previously - and had the tail piece signed by Kevin Shwantz), she has never let me down and always started first or second prod of the kick start (unless left for many weeks ). MOT till August 2019. Comes with workshop manual and 2 keys.

Couple of niggles:
i) Fuel gauge / sender appears to have a mind of its own, reads normally then drops to zero ?? - TBH never been an issue as I've relied on the trip meter.
ii) Carbs have developed a bad flat spot at 6K RPM., its a pain, but when past 6k she takes off like a banshee - but it is an annoyance that needs looking at - and reflected in my asking price.

Seeking £7k firm (When she goes on eBay it will be at £7750 - all others Ive seen are near £9k)

If of interest or want any info or detailed pics please PM me.
Cheers Tim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tonto on Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Better to remain silent and be thought an idiot, than to open your mouth and remove any doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Z900A4 / Hodna CBXZ / Ducati Diavel / H1F 500 Mongrel / CBXZ Project / RD400 project

chrisNI
Site Admin

Re: RG400 Very Nice Example !

#2 PostAuthor: chrisNI » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:00 pm

Very nice :D

scott
Junior Section leader

#3 PostAuthor: scott » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:00 pm

Absolutely stunning and in the best colours.

Julian_Boolean
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#4 PostAuthor: Julian_Boolean » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:39 pm

Tonto is an evil tempter, trying to make me buy another motorcycle.
An expanding collection of parts pretending to be a Z1100R and a Yamaha FZ750

Return to “For Sale”