Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

ex-IoM proddie race GPz550 and Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 for sale

Advertise your BIKES and PARTS here

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Coose
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

ex-IoM proddie race GPz550 and Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 for sale

#1 PostAuthor: Coose » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:44 pm

As I'm planning on doing a few classic track days this year I'm thinking that I may need a little space in the garage and so need to thin down the flock as I'm thinking of buying a TZ350. So, I think the best two candidates are my YPVS F2 and GPz550.

The YPVS I built from a pile of bits about 18 months ago and have only done about 500 miles on, the GPz I bought last year with a view to doing track days on that, but as I currently need to take bikes out of the garage so that I have enough space to work on one, something has to give.

YPVS

It's a 1991 F2, so the last of the Jap models. It has matching numbers, an MOT until August, 7 previous owners and the mileage of around 30k looked to be about right. I bought it from a friend after 18 months of pestering, where it was a pile of bits with a freshly-rebuilt motor by Mick Abbey (I have no proof of this but can probably get some), where it is stock other than being 0.5mm oversize. The fitted pipes are a lovely set of old-skool Lomas, which of course sound as good as they look.

My original build thread - http://rdlccrazy.proboards.com/thread/40729/ypvs-rebuild.

Barring the bodywork, everything has either been powder-coated, replated or repainted, or where the original bolt wasn't salvageable new stainless bolts have been fitted.

The bodywork still needs repainting to make it right, though I do have a spare set of intact but scuffed grey sidepanels, a blue top fairing that needs a bit of work, a cracked red front mudguard and a damaged rear infill panel. I do also have the rest of the red and white fairing to match what's on the bike.

The Raask rearsets as shown in some of the photo are now sold, where it now has standard hangers with TZ front pegs.

The Nitron shock is still fitted, and all suspension and swinger bushes are brand new.

All chassis bearings, RK chain, Renthal sprockets and brake hoses were new, as were the brake pads and the rear caliper and master cylinder was rebuilt. Basically, anything consumable was new!

I have quite a lot of spares, including: -

Standard pipes that need a refurb but are solid,
Standard, rebuilt and repainted front master cylinder,
Standard front calipers that need refurbing,
A brand new standard rear shock,
A good standard radiator and grille (F2),
A good used chainguard (the one that's on the bike was brand new),
A brand new full rear mudguard,
Powder-coated standard clip-ons,
A used set of mirrors,
Probably a load more bits that I can't remember.

As it stands with all of the spares I'd be asking £4950, which sounds like a fair bit but here's actually a lot of trick bits in there with parts to replace (shock, pipes etc.).

GPz550

I bought this from a friend last year, where an owner previous to him had raced it at the Isle of Man in the lightweight class at the Pre-TT, Classic TT, Southern 100 and a couple of other races. He was lapping the IoM at over 90mph, and was clocked on Sulby Straight at 122mph which is right on Kawasaki’s quoted figure for a new bike! It’s actually surprisingly quick for what it is.

As far as I know, other than the Hagon shock and Motad Nexus pipe it’s stock. I have a few spares, like a very noisy 4-1 pipe, a good top fairing and a few other bots and bobs. The Avon AM22/23 club compound tyres are in great condition, where the pads look to be very recent.

It’s MOT’d unit June I think, and I have the V5 for it. If there is anything specific that I need to take photos of please just shout.

With all of the spares I’d like £1500 for it.

Coose
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Re: ex-IoM proddie race GPz550 and Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 for sale

#2 PostAuthor: Coose » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:28 pm

Price drop on the YPVS: -

I have now fitted the standard clip-ons, so including the fairing lowers, radiator grille and a pair of standard front footpegs that need a refurb, with the brand new standard shock I'd like £4100, with the Nitron shock (which is presently fitted) I'd like £4300. Any other spares would be negotiable.

Coose
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Re: ex-IoM proddie race GPz550 and Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 for sale

#3 PostAuthor: Coose » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:13 am

The GPz is now sold, and the YPVS price dropped to £4250 with the Nitron shock. I'd rather leave that in there rather than fit the standard shock as I'm suffering with wonky joints at the moment.... :roll:

Return to “For Sale”