Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

KZ1000A1 Project for Sale. No longer available ;)

Advertise your BIKES and PARTS here

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Treeman
new poster

KZ1000A1 Project for Sale. No longer available ;)

#1 PostAuthor: Treeman » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:26 pm

For Sale – KZ1000A1 – 1977

Frame No. KTZ00A003637

Engine No. KZT00AE005139

Purchased as a US Import project in December 2018 (complete with NOVA). It comes complete with its US Title, although this is based upon its engine number for some reason (the frame number is all present and correct).

This bike was missing much of its electrical system when purchased and now has a new and fitted Z-Power loom, with all the electrics, with the exception of the front brake light (which is not set up), now working. It has several missing items that include throttle grip and cables, front brake master cylinder and hoses, seat lock, airbox and badges.

It has either Z1a or b carbs (with no main jets at the moment) and dyna ignition coils that look either new or nearly new. It fires up and revs on carb cleaner and appears to have had its frame sprayed or powder coated not long before it was imported. The only fly in the ointment is that someone has started to customize it and it has a smaller diameter rear wheel rim (on a standard hub) and the rear indicator lugs have been removed (I was going to fabricate some and have them welded on but have not got round to it).

It is a very clean machine that appears to have been well looked after and appears to be a very easy project, either to customize as I was going to, turn into a special, or return to standard (or perhaps even a candidate for a frame swap if you have a bare registered UK frame lying around…).

I really like this bike and am only considering selling as my circumstances have changed and I can not really see me having the chance to work on it much for the next few years. I am advertising it on here first to give Members a chance to pick up a nice project and, if it does not sell, may Ebay it once the holiday season is over.

The price is £3250 and I will definitely not negotiate on this as the bike is clearly worth this as an absolute minimum, and if I do not get this, I will store it away for a while. I am based in Twickenham, Greater London not far from Twickenham Rugby Ground, and can be contacted on either 07951 175710 or clivefowler.arb@btinternet.com

Regards

Clive.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Treeman on Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KWACKERZ1
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: KZ1000A1 Project for Sale.

#2 PostAuthor: KWACKERZ1 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:00 pm

Clive good luck with the sale, but in my opinion you would be better off storing it and finishing it as there are quiet a few up and running registered ltd’s available around that price.

Ebay will give you a guide but be prepared for the chancers offering silly prices.

garyd
Hardcore
Hardcore

#3 PostAuthor: garyd » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:01 am

Just for your own info...it looks like it started life as a LTD..the rear footpegs lugs are not A1 ir A2...which might also be the reason for the smaller back wheel.

ZedHead
Hardcore
Hardcore

#4 PostAuthor: ZedHead » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:11 am

The frame number is A2 although it looks like an LTD?

This one will give you a guide on the price but in the end, it is worth whatever someone is prepared to pay, Good luck with the sale.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/312632821318

kev edwards
Hardcore
Hardcore

#5 PostAuthor: kev edwards » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:00 am

It's an A1 A2, just got a fat wheel on rear, footrest hangers are A1/2 specific.

Treeman
new poster

#6 PostAuthor: Treeman » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:25 pm

Thank you for your replies and advice chaps.

I think I will keep it and just store it away for now (like the Missus keeps telling me to do :D ).

I have a good vision of what I want it to look like when finished, although I will probably just get it roadworthy and use as is for a while.

I will keep you posted :D

garyd
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: KZ1000A1 Project for Sale. No longer available ;)

#7 PostAuthor: garyd » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:51 pm

Right choice :D

ADRIAN H
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: KZ1000A1 Project for Sale. No longer available ;)

#8 PostAuthor: ADRIAN H » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:45 pm

garyd wrote:Right choice :D

+1
adrianhorsfield@live.co.uk
Sunny Bournemouth. Dorset. UK.

Return to “For Sale”