Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

MK11 - WOW!

Advertise your BIKES and PARTS here

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

Message
Author
User avatar
Tonka
Custard Cream
Custard Cream
Posts: 881
Joined: 11th Jun 2011
Location: In a pub in Warwick with a bit of luck

MK11 - WOW!

#1 PostAuthor: Tonka » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:14 pm

Inheritance? What inheritance? He spent it all on booze, women and Zed parts!

A1John
Custard Cream
Custard Cream
Posts: 767
Joined: 16th Jan 2012
Location: Midlands

Re: MK11 - WOW!

#2 PostAuthor: A1John » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:18 pm

yours?

User avatar
Tonka
Custard Cream
Custard Cream
Posts: 881
Joined: 11th Jun 2011
Location: In a pub in Warwick with a bit of luck

Re: MK11 - WOW!

#3 PostAuthor: Tonka » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:29 pm

No, I wish it was though!
Inheritance? What inheritance? He spent it all on booze, women and Zed parts!

User avatar
Garry.L
Hardcore
Hardcore
Posts: 2553
Joined: 11th Jun 2011
Location: Cheapest Cheshire

Re: MK11 - WOW!

#4 PostAuthor: Garry.L » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:20 pm

One of the Few Big Zeds I've lusted after but never owned..... and at these prices I can't see that changing anytime soon.. :(
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

King of Kings
Custard Cream
Custard Cream
Posts: 711
Joined: 31st Mar 2014
Location: Runcorn

Re: MK11 - WOW!

#5 PostAuthor: King of Kings » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:01 am

Now that is worth the money, way more than a common ten a penny Z1 :D

User avatar
Ultim8pc
Hardcore
Hardcore
Posts: 1443
Joined: 5th Sep 2014
Location: Keighley, West yorkshire
Contact:

Re: MK11 - WOW!

#6 PostAuthor: Ultim8pc » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:24 am

Garry.L wrote:One of the Few Big Zeds I've lusted after but never owned..... and at these prices I can't see that changing anytime soon.. :(

I've bought two in the last 12 months quite cheaply and missed out on another a few weeks ago. They are out there, you just have to look very hard and strike fast. They are the new Z1 in terms of collect-ability.
http://www.airevalleyclassics.co.uk
http://www.quick-glo.co.uk
ZRX1200r - on the road
z900a5 - on the road
z1a - to restore
z1000a1 - In bits
Z1000 MK2 - to restore
z1000ST - in bits

User avatar
Garry.L
Hardcore
Hardcore
Posts: 2553
Joined: 11th Jun 2011
Location: Cheapest Cheshire

Re: MK11 - WOW!

#7 PostAuthor: Garry.L » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:24 am

Ultim8pc wrote:
Garry.L wrote:One of the Few Big Zeds I've lusted after but never owned..... and at these prices I can't see that changing anytime soon.. :(

I've bought two in the last 12 months quite cheaply and missed out on another a few weeks ago. They are out there, you just have to look very hard and strike fast. They are the new Z1 in terms of collect-ability.


TBH I'd sooner own a Nice MK2 over an equivalent Z1 these days.

Makes you wonder why so few were sold back then?.
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

User avatar
Sgt.Pinback
100Club
100Club
Posts: 192
Joined: 16th Feb 2019
Location: Leonberg

Re: MK11 - WOW!

#8 PostAuthor: Sgt.Pinback » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:30 am

Cheap = resto basis.


Regarding that black one: US “KZ” bike in black with short fender and side reflectors?

Wonder why she’s missing the decal on the rear tail.

89867792-3977-45E1-A4C2-F5136B1042B6.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers, Uli

Z1000 MK2, Z1000 H, GPZ1100 B2, CB750four K0, CB750 sandcast

User avatar
paul doran
Area Rep.
Area Rep.
Posts: 8625
Joined: 24th Sep 2004
Location: near Dublin Ireland

Re: MK11 - WOW!

#9 PostAuthor: paul doran » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:27 pm

I have a UK unrestored example complete with standard pipes
way too many Zeds

User avatar
Sgt.Pinback
100Club
100Club
Posts: 192
Joined: 16th Feb 2019
Location: Leonberg

Re: MK11 - WOW!

#10 PostAuthor: Sgt.Pinback » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:49 pm

Garry.L wrote:
Ultim8pc wrote:
Garry.L wrote:.

Makes you wonder why so few were sold back then?.


Completely outdated back then compared to other jap. bikes such as GSX1100.
Cheers, Uli

Z1000 MK2, Z1000 H, GPZ1100 B2, CB750four K0, CB750 sandcast

A1John
Custard Cream
Custard Cream
Posts: 767
Joined: 16th Jan 2012
Location: Midlands

Re: MK11 - WOW!

#11 PostAuthor: A1John » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:01 pm

Sgt.Pinback wrote:
Garry.L wrote:
Ultim8pc wrote:
Garry.L wrote:.

Makes you wonder why so few were sold back then?.


Completely outdated back then compared to other jap. bikes such as GSX1100.

True, they were out dated from the start.

User avatar
nicomkii
100Club
100Club
Posts: 418
Joined: 15th Nov 2014
Location: Perth Western Australia

Re: MK11 - WOW!

#12 PostAuthor: nicomkii » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:13 pm

A1John wrote:
Sgt.Pinback wrote:
Garry.L wrote:
Ultim8pc wrote:
Garry.L wrote:.

Makes you wonder why so few were sold back then?.


Completely outdated back then compared to other jap. bikes such as GSX1100.

True, they were out dated from the start.


Kawasaki knew this too, hence the low production numbers.
Nico

weaver
Custard Cream
Custard Cream
Posts: 697
Joined: 15th Nov 2011
Location: merseyside

Re: MK11 - WOW!

#13 PostAuthor: weaver » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:05 pm

don't know why these are so revered,awful styling :)

User avatar
Garry.L
Hardcore
Hardcore
Posts: 2553
Joined: 11th Jun 2011
Location: Cheapest Cheshire

Re: MK11 - WOW!

#14 PostAuthor: Garry.L » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:47 pm

weaver wrote:don't know why these are so revered,awful styling :)


Less is More. 10 years ago I'd have agreed with you but after looking at countless Pattern part resto's of ex US Z1's the MKII now looks different unique and desirable.
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

A1John
Custard Cream
Custard Cream
Posts: 767
Joined: 16th Jan 2012
Location: Midlands

Re: MK11 - WOW!

#15 PostAuthor: A1John » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:10 pm

Garry.L wrote:
weaver wrote:don't know why these are so revered,awful styling :)


Less is More. 10 years ago I'd have agreed with you but after looking at countless Pattern part resto's of ex US Z1's the MKII now looks different unique and desirable.

The repop paint sets and pattern parts for the MK11s are around on the net.


Return to “For Sale”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests