Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

E10 ethanol fuel resistant Viton choke plunger seal replacement for all rubber tipped choke plungers.

Advertise your BIKES and PARTS here

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

zed1015
Hardcore
Hardcore

E10 ethanol fuel resistant Viton choke plunger seal replacement for all rubber tipped choke plungers.

#1 PostAuthor: zed1015 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:17 am

Choke plunger seal replacement service for all Motorcycle carburettors. .

Worn out, leaking, ethanol degraded choke seals on your original choke plungers upgraded with modern E10 ethanol fuel resistant Viton.

Seals are replaced using custom built tooling and a unique installation technique that is unavailable anywhere else and inserts new full size E10 ethanol resistant Viton seals without disturbing the plungers original rolled brass securing edge.

Originally developed for repairing the obsolete and no longer available plungers on early Z1 Mikuni VM28SC round slide carbs i can also replace those on the later VM24, 26 and 28SS as fitted to the Z650, Z900,Z1000 and GS Suzukis that are also discontinued and any other plungers with rubber tipped heads which applies to almost all Kawasaki, Suzuki ,Yamaha and Hodna carburated machines whether of the mechanical slide type or CV.

The rubber seals go hard with age or degrade with ethanol and cause imprecise choke operation as well as being the often overlooked cause of rich running issues...

Once done the one time repair will restore the chokes full function and seal..

HAVE NO DOUBTS.

If your carbs are running the original plungers they ARE leaking and affecting carburation and fuel economy at the very least.

Whether you wisely use my unique one of a kind worldwide service or not i strongly recommend that the plungers are replaced or repaired BEFORE installing aftermarket carb repair kits or parts needlessly as it is highly likely that it's the leaking plungers causing the issues and not worn carb internals as many misguided restorers are lead to believe.
Why compromise your expensive carb refurb and your resto's fueling by keeping the old hard leaking seats ?.

The price is £12.50 per plunger (£50 per set of 4) + £3 return to UK and £11 worldwide tracked and signed.

This is not an exchange service so you will need to send me your own plungers to re-seal which also keeps your resto as original as possible.

Just PM me or email zed.1015@yahoo.co.uk for more details on where to send them etc.

Also some important advise for anyone sending their plungers from overseas.

Please be sure to send them marked as a GIFT and declare either zero or a low value.
Anything marked as a gift valued at over £39 attracts vat which has to be paid before the package is released and will have to be added to YOUR cost and anything marked commercial over £15 suffers the same charges.

I recommend they are taped to a piece of card to secure them on their journey.

For clarification -
The attached pics are of the worn plunger seat that gets replaced and an example of a bare plunger which is all I need to be sent.

Pic of the seat that gets replaced.
imagesW5QHW1BY.jpg

vm18-144.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by zed1015 on Tue May 31, 2022 11:16 am, edited 34 times in total.

marmck
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Re: Viton choke plunger seat replacment service for Mikuni VM carbs.

#2 PostAuthor: marmck » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:16 pm

Sorry to be a bit dense , so do we only have to send the plungers :?:

zed1015
Hardcore
Hardcore

#3 PostAuthor: zed1015 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:46 pm

marmck wrote:Sorry to be a bit dense , so do we only have to send the plungers :?:

Yes! just the bare brass plungers without the spring and all that.

Like this..
vm18-144.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by zed1015 on Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

HighlandStu
Regular Poster

#4 PostAuthor: HighlandStu » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:11 am

My A1 runs really rough on the choke, starts ok but 3 and 4 are always cooler until it warms up.
I've always suspected worn carb parts as its done over 60k. I'll probably take you up on this service once I get the carbs off. Are the replacement rubbers easy to get ?

zed1015
Hardcore
Hardcore

#5 PostAuthor: zed1015 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:35 am

HighlandStu wrote:My A1 runs really rough on the choke, starts ok but 3 and 4 are always cooler until it warms up.
I've always suspected worn carb parts as its done over 60k. I'll probably take you up on this service once I get the carbs off. Are the replacement rubbers easy to get ?

If you mean the rubber seats I am replacing then NO!
They don't exist as a separate part and the complete plunger has been discontinued.
The seats were fitted at the factory and the brass edge rolled over to permanently secure them.
They are not and never were a spare part which means the plungers were scrap once the seat is worn beyond use until now..
I have made the tooling to produce identical new seats in Viton and a devised process to insert them without disturbing the rolled edge.
Last edited by zed1015 on Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HighlandStu
Regular Poster

#6 PostAuthor: HighlandStu » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:59 pm

Yes I understand now, it'll be a few weeks but I'll PM you once they're off and ready to send.

Cheers

Stuart

JamesH_Sussex
100Club
100Club

#7 PostAuthor: JamesH_Sussex » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:59 am

Thanks for offering this as a service. I've got a set of VM28SC (MkII) carbs that I'll probably get this done for.

Will Pm you in a couple of weeks once I've got them ready to send.

kev edwards
Hardcore
Hardcore

#8 PostAuthor: kev edwards » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:21 pm

I have a set that are coming back from Rob as i type this, he only received them from me yesterday, now that's a quick turnaround.

kev edwards
Hardcore
Hardcore

#9 PostAuthor: kev edwards » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:04 pm

Got them back today, nicely done,
Cheers Rob.
20200128_145616.jpg

zed1015
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Viton choke plunger seat replacments for Mikuni VM carbs.

#10 PostAuthor: zed1015 » Wed May 20, 2020 9:13 am

Bump.

kev edwards
Hardcore
Hardcore

#11 PostAuthor: kev edwards » Wed May 27, 2020 7:36 am

I am surprised people aren't falling over themselves for these, certainly made a difference to mine, a woefully neglected part.

zed1015
Hardcore
Hardcore

#12 PostAuthor: zed1015 » Wed May 27, 2020 9:38 am

kev edwards wrote:I am surprised people aren't falling over themselves for these, certainly made a difference to mine, a woefully neglected part.

Thanks for the update Kev.
The word is s.l.o.w.l.y creeping out and I've now done a couple of sets for ZPOWER who recognise the issue and have included my details on their carb tech page without me even asking so that's a bonus and as good a proof as any that it's worth doing.
I'm in the process of improving the tooling to try and make it a quicker and easier job just in case I get a surprise rush :lol:

kev edwards
Hardcore
Hardcore

#13 PostAuthor: kev edwards » Wed May 27, 2020 9:55 am

Something like a bullet loader/press would be ideal.

nick sanderson
100Club
100Club

#14 PostAuthor: nick sanderson » Fri May 29, 2020 8:00 pm

Are these major surgery to get out

kev edwards
Hardcore
Hardcore

#15 PostAuthor: kev edwards » Fri May 29, 2020 8:09 pm

nick sanderson wrote:Are these major surgery to get out

The rubbers, without damage to the brass yes, replacing the rubbers even harder, the plungers no.

Return to “For Sale”