Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Z1000J Moriwaki copy for sale

Advertise your BIKES and PARTS here

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

classkawa
Regular Poster

Z1000J Moriwaki copy for sale

#1 PostAuthor: classkawa » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:35 pm

Kawasaki Z1000J 1982. This is a Canadian import and has been owned by my brother before me since 2008. This bike was raced in the Canadian EMRA series in 2003 and 2004, placing 2nd in the Sportsman Heavyweight Class in 2004. It was then returned to a road bike but it still wears many of its racing parts and was resprayed in Moriwaki livery in 2010 before being brought indoors as a piece of modern art! I imported it last year and it is UK registered in my name. I have recommissioned it and it has a current MOT until December 2020 The spec is:
• Motor standard apart from a 1050cc overbore
• H section 3 spoke Dymags (no speedo drive)
• AP Lockheed front brakes
• Mikuni 33mm smoothbores
• Fox racing shocks
• NGK racing leads
• Lockheed oil cooler
• Box section swinging arm

Though it is in road trim it does come with a host of spares if you want it back in race trim or as an AMA/Transatlantic series replica bike including a full Wolf race exhaust system, Micron Fork Brace, Pod air filters, Custom rear sets, modified stator cover for racing and a whole host of original parts and service parts. It also comes with the original owners manual. It is taxed and MOT'd and runs really well with one exception, the carbs have a tendency to pop (like a small backfire) under 3k. Over 3k it pulls strongly and cleanly. I have had the carbs balanced and have fitted new fork seals and cam cover seals as they had hardened slightly. Tyres are BT45's.
£5,500 ovno
Moriwaki RH.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steady Eddie #21

Return to “For Sale”