Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Project ... horrible ... but looks good

Advertise your BIKES and PARTS here

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

Markw
Regular Poster

Project ... horrible ... but looks good

#1 PostAuthor: Markw » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:07 am

Sum of parts sale , this is a woeful story of an eBay troll selling on a bag of crap, however there is a bike in there for an experienced builder .
Good friend of mine bought this , advertised as big bore, big cams, big wheels , magazine featured , 150 bhp blah blah blah .
Well it may have been back in the day but all that remains is a nice set of 29”s, an engine that needs complete rebuild, it’s got a poorly fitted 15” zxr wheel (offset is miles out), wiring is working but missing regulator, frame is suspect as well debbens(yes it’s had a visit ) recon it’s a 750 frame to the stage the bottom engine brackets have been welded on and the cam covers are tricky to remove .
To be fair it does run quite well , carbs balanced , ticks over , lulls you into a false sense of security , once on the move It brews up enough pressure and starts dumping oil, draw down test was the first Job at debbens showing a problem on one pot ray saying a shit ring born out of prolonged moisture in a cylinder .
If you have a 900/1000 frame and stock of bits and bobs and half sensible with a spanner make us an offer around £2500? And I will pass on his details
Last edited by Markw on Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

walshyco
100Club
100Club

Re: Project ... horrible ... but looks good

#2 PostAuthor: walshyco » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:43 pm

Any chance of a few pictures?

Markw
Regular Poster

#3 PostAuthor: Markw » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:58 pm

Pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hobbo
International Rep

#4 PostAuthor: Hobbo » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:21 am

Well watch this space picking it up at the weekend lol

Phil
Never Dull in Hull Watch no 31

International Rep

Chippyj0n
new poster

#5 PostAuthor: Chippyj0n » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:43 am

My first post here lads, sorry to say it was me that got trolled and fooled into buying what i was told and trusted was so much more than it turned out to be! ... There are some right nasty b*$^**ds out there! .... I'll be watching with a hint of sadness in having to let her go Phil, but I'm very happy that she's found a new home with you to work your magic and hopefully keep her rolling. Id like to also say what a gent you've been throughout this process Phil and a big up to Jim for making the run to Debbens to get the bike and for meeting me this morning for the other bits, top bloke! Good luck with it all and first dibs if ya sell her mate! :D ....... And a big thank you to Markw for draughting the ad and helping me to get this to the right home, got a little Zed treat planned for ya mate .... :wink:

chrisNI
Site Admin

#6 PostAuthor: chrisNI » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:20 am

Looks like the basis of a good bike :D

dave cullen
Hardcore
Hardcore

#7 PostAuthor: dave cullen » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:19 am

Chippyj0n wrote:My first post here lads, sorry to say it was me that got trolled and fooled into buying what i was told and trusted was so much more than it turned out to be! ... There are some right nasty b*$^**ds out there! .... I'll be watching with a hint of sadness in having to let her go Phil, but I'm very happy that she's found a new home with you to work your magic and hopefully keep her rolling. Id like to also say what a gent you've been throughout this process Phil and a big up to Jim for making the run to Debbens to get the bike and for meeting me this morning for the other bits, top bloke! Good luck with it all and first dibs if ya sell her mate! :D ....... And a big thank you to Markw for draughting the ad and helping me to get this to the right home, got a little Zed treat planned for ya mate .... :wink:

Welcome Jon

I think most of us have been done over at some time in the past, don't let it put you off, hope you get something else soon, and I reckon that bike will be amazing when Phil sorts it!

Dave
Z900A4 Z1000A1 Z1100R

big green bus
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#8 PostAuthor: big green bus » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:04 pm

I saw this bike with the lad picked it up, He thought it looked great, so got it. It is a 1100 uni-trac frame (easy check is the swing arm pivot mount is a bolt on affair). The bike did not smoke, rattle or course anything to be concerned about. He was told the motor was a 1075 big bore and saw no reason to doubt this as it was on the log book. He did not build the bike just owned it for a while. I believe he sold it in good faith. The bike was sold over two years ago and could have stood in a damp garage with the plugs out causing the ring issue, been stripped, motor swopped who could say, but I think it is unfair to blame the last owner when all he did was own it. Two years is a long warranty on a 35 year old bike.

chrisNI
Site Admin

#9 PostAuthor: chrisNI » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:28 pm

To be fair 150bhp is a bit optimistic at any time... :D

Hobbo
International Rep

#10 PostAuthor: Hobbo » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:03 pm

Guys

Bit of progress on this project got to send paintwork off engine back in tonight
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

International Rep

Ultim8pc
Hardcore
Hardcore

#11 PostAuthor: Ultim8pc » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:51 am

Looking fab!
http://www.airevalleyclassics.co.uk
10% discount code Z1OCTEN
Keyster rebuild kits & carburettor spares - airscrews, jets, needles, starter plungers & gaskets.
Also petrol/ethanol proof float bowl gaskets. IMD pistons preferred seller.

ted1r
Area Rep.
Area Rep.

#12 PostAuthor: ted1r » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:18 pm

Bud ,that's coming along nicely,

Ted
"Work this is why I did it"

KE250
KZ1200
Puch Maxi
Be careful with Pensions :e
and me ol Granada

Hobbo
International Rep

#13 PostAuthor: Hobbo » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:12 am

Coming on

International Rep

Jerry
President
President

#14 PostAuthor: Jerry » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:13 pm

Love the marking, best sound ever when you take the wadding off the baffle!

Jerry
President
President

#15 PostAuthor: Jerry » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:14 pm

F#cking spellcheck, should be Marving!

Return to “For Sale”