Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

**SOLD** 1977 Z1000 A1 Project (needs engine re-assembled and fitted)

Advertise your BIKES and PARTS here

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

zedrob
Regular Poster

**SOLD** 1977 Z1000 A1 Project (needs engine re-assembled and fitted)

#1 PostAuthor: zedrob » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:09 pm

Have decided to sell my Z1000, due to other commitments and the need to buy a car I don’t have the time to get the bike back on the road.......so with regret I need to admit defeat and pass her over to someone with more commitment and talent than me !
Bike was a North American import and first registered in the UK in 2001 by the previous owner.
It underwent full restoral with some period modifications, this isn’t a standard bike, the restorer had a period retro look in mind, please see pics (I have included a pic to show what she looked like prior to taking the engine out, in fact this was taken on the day) and further down for more information. I took ownership in 2006 and did approx. 1000 miles on it before taking it of the road in 2007, at which point I decided to remove and strip down the engine, purely for cosmetic reasons, it had been powder coated silver and then became discoloured, basically the hot bits went a horrible yellow colour and I couldn’t live with it. No problem with the engine mechanically at all, it had been previously overhauled and Wiseco 72mm pistons installed (1075cc), etc . To remove the powder coating I had the cases, barrels and head chemically dipped and then sent to Stephen Smethurst to have them vapour blasted and that’s as far as I have got. So the engine will need to be re-assembled and fitted, it’s all carefully packed in boxes and the relevant bits separated into cyl 1, 2 , 3, 4
Other than that its as can be seen in the pics, some of the polished parts will need a little TLC to bring them back up, as can be expected they have dulled a little due to storage.

Indicated mileage 27,444
Painted in Z1B colours, tank has flush aero-cap.
Frame powder coated,
Braced swing arm
Koni rear shocks
Harris 4 -1
Braided hoses
Rewired with upgraded rectifier/regulator
Gasket and seal kit from Z power to rebuild engine, will need a head gasket as the one in the kit isn’t for a 1075cc bore.

Appreciate that anyone interested will have lots of questions which I’m more than happy to answer, so please PM and I can get in touch via telephone.

I’m hoping to get £4300 ONO for her, this could be a nice period bike for someone with a little time and experience at very little additional extra cost to get back on the road.

Thanks for looking
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by zedrob on Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Rust Never Sleeps !!!

Ultim8pc
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: 1977 Z1000 A1 Project (needs engine re-assembled and fitted)

#2 PostAuthor: Ultim8pc » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:44 pm

Bargain for someone there.
GLWS!
http://www.airevalleyclassics.co.uk
10% discount code Z1OCTEN
Keyster rebuild kits & carburettor spares - airscrews, jets, needles, starter plungers & gaskets.
Also petrol/ethanol proof float bowl gaskets. IMD pistons preferred seller.

Keefleaf
ZedHead
ZedHead

#3 PostAuthor: Keefleaf » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:27 pm

Yes Maybe put it on EBay with a starting bid of £4K

zedrob
Regular Poster

#4 PostAuthor: zedrob » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:59 pm

Cheers Keith.....I have it on Gumtree also, see how that goes before going down the fleabay route. Thought I would give a club member first dibs.....from your comment I think my price is a fair one?

Regards
Rust Never Sleeps !!!

trikerdrew
100Club
100Club

#5 PostAuthor: trikerdrew » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:17 am

did you sell her?

drew

zedrob
Regular Poster

#6 PostAuthor: zedrob » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:09 am

Hi Drew

Still for sale,

Regards
Rust Never Sleeps !!!

Return to “For Sale”