Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Z1 900 Rebuild project for sale

Advertise your BIKES and PARTS here

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

Jonesthetank
new poster

Z1 900 Rebuild project for sale

#1 PostAuthor: Jonesthetank » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:31 pm

Hello,

I am not a Z1 owner, but am sorting out the estate of my late uncle and have "inherited" his 1975 model Z1 900 which is in need of a lot of love.

The bike was bought from its first owner (an old friend of my uncle's) in 1976 and for many years was my uncle's only bike, making many journeys from Epsom to Heathrow, where he worked as an aircraft engineer.

Sometime in the 1990s, he opted to change from the Z1 to a Yamaha of some variety, and the Z1 went into storage. He later decided to dismantle the Z1, with the aim of rebuilding it as good as new standards.

Unfortunately he was diagnosed with bowel cancer along the way, so the restoration project ground to a halt and the bike has been in a partially dismantled state ever since.

My uncle passed away in 2018 and probate has been a real pain to sort out, but I am now in a position where the house needs to be sold and the bike needs a new home.

I honestly have no idea what the bike might be worth, as I am not sure that I even have all of the parts, or how much it might cost in replacement parts to get it back into one piece. However I would rather that the bike go to someone who is going to put it back together (as he wanted) or at least will be able to use the parts for another rebuild project, rather than stick it on eBay and hope for the best.

The attached photos show the bike in its current state.

It needs collecting from Epsom in Surrey, ideally by the end of the year. The buyer will also need to be willing to rummage around in 2 sheds and a garage to try and find any parts that are not immediately obvious!

I have the V5 and the original manuals that came with the bike too.

Apologies if that's too much information.

Any takers?

Cheers

Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tim.25
100Club
100Club

Re: Z1 900 Rebuild project for sale

#2 PostAuthor: tim.25 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:33 pm

Yes please.
Very interested and I'm not far away,
If you can pm me a price would be great.
Z900a4, BMW 1200GS, KTBFFH

relisysxx
100Club
100Club

#3 PostAuthor: relisysxx » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:53 pm

PM sent

Andyw
new poster

#4 PostAuthor: Andyw » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:56 pm

Im interested if you pm me a price thanks

walshyco
100Club
100Club

#5 PostAuthor: walshyco » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:40 pm

I realise that this is a first post, but it’s amazing when overpriced crap gets posted, there’s no end of people crying foul because there’s no price, now something desirable goes on, suddenly that is all forgotten. Don’t take the first offer mate, you have something of value there.

zeddie
Regular Poster

#6 PostAuthor: zeddie » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:01 pm

walshyco wrote:I realise that this is a first post, but it’s amazing when overpriced crap gets posted, there’s no end of people crying foul because there’s no price, now something desirable goes on, suddenly that is all forgotten. Don’t take the first offer mate, you have something of value there.

Well said, exactly what I wanted to say.

tim.25
100Club
100Club

#7 PostAuthor: tim.25 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:20 pm

walshyco wrote:I realise that this is a first post, but it’s amazing when overpriced crap gets posted, there’s no end of people crying foul because there’s no price, now something desirable goes on, suddenly that is all forgotten. Don’t take the first offer mate, you have something of value there.

Fair point indeed, but I don't think I have seen overpriced crap with no price.
Last edited by tim.25 on Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Z900a4, BMW 1200GS, KTBFFH

Jonesthetank
new poster

#8 PostAuthor: Jonesthetank » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:06 pm

Hmm, guess I should have read the forum rules before I posted. My mistake, as you say it's the novice in me.

I honestly had no idea of a price, and I wasn't fishing, but understand a guide price would have been a better option.

Bike is sold, so thanks for everyone's interest.

A1John
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#9 PostAuthor: A1John » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:25 pm

What a sucker punch!

Bill P
Hardcore
Hardcore

#10 PostAuthor: Bill P » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:44 am

Who bought it then :?:

walshyco
100Club
100Club

#11 PostAuthor: walshyco » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:07 pm

Jonesthetank wrote:Hmm, guess I should have read the forum rules before I posted. My mistake, as you say it's the novice in me.

I honestly had no idea of a price, and I wasn't fishing, but understand a guide price would have been a better option.

Bike is sold, so thanks for everyone's interest.

Not aimed at you mate and more an observation than a criticism but you could have asked for a view on the value on the discussion board. Apologies for the use of the word “crap” just trying to make a point. I’m sure if you sold it to a club member they would have offered a fair price, the main thing is if you are happy with the deal.

relisysxx
100Club
100Club

#12 PostAuthor: relisysxx » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:45 pm

Bill P wrote:Who bought it then :?:

Sorry guy's, it was me :oops:

Return to “For Sale”