Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

rearset footpegs

Advertise your BIKES and PARTS here

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

RALPHARAMA
Area Rep.
Area Rep.

Re: rearset footpegs

#16 PostAuthor: RALPHARAMA » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:37 pm

My twopenneth worth:

I am currently building a special and and thinking about rear sets; none too radical as I am old :lol:

I want them more for the looks than any serious scratching. If I really wanna go quicker I'll take Rex out.

Whilst I want this build to have lots of one of stuff I really want to keep with the spirit of the 70s and 80s and they really didn't have CNC gear accessible for bike bits. When I started my apprenticeship in 1980 BAe had giant CNC and NCM machine tools, but they were for making aircraft and the technology really hadn't filtered down to bike customising ladz. You couldn't even get CNC machining done at Rolls Royce or BAE (we were on the same site at Filton) as foreigners and believe me there was much you couldn't get made up there in the early eighties.

So for my build I am going to make anything like rear sets using the same tools that were available to lads with friends in engineering shops in the early eighties. Whilst no one had TIG welding at home you could get it done up at Filton with the right contacts so that's still in :D. You could get your hands on manual mills, centre lathes band saws etc so these will be the tools I will work with; luckily I have all these toys at home now so Covid won't curtail my creativity.

Not saying I'm right - these are just my personal feelings.
Ralph Ferrand
Z1000A1 (1977), Godier Genoud Z1300A5 (1983), Z900A4 Stock (1976), Z900A4 Special (project), GPZ1100 Unitrak (1983), ZRX1200R (2004) DT175MX (1981).

http://www.bikerstoolbox.co.uk

Don't be caught out http://www.dhlparcels.info/

Return to “For Sale”