Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Kawasaki Z1000 A1

Advertise your BIKES and PARTS here

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

gordon62
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Kawasaki Z1000 A1

#1 PostAuthor: gordon62 » Fri May 06, 2022 11:40 am

Hello,

I am writing on Andy's (Gordon62) behalf as he sadly passed away in March. I am listing his beloved Z1000 due to being unable to keep this wonderful bike and knowing that those of you here would best appreciate the work he did. Some of you may remember his posts here and I have included his rebuild thread which will help give depth to this ad. I do not know the full ins and outs but I have folders invoicing all the work done as well as the dyno reports when the bike was tuned professionally in 2021 before he stored it.

As the bike has been stored for winter quarters, the tank, side panels, fuel tap, battery and wing mirrors have been taken off. So this bike would require some additional work to get running. The tank will need to be flushed as the inside has been protected with a type of wax for storage. The bike was last run and serviced by my late father in the summer of 2021 before being stored.

My price is up for discussion and would appreciate the advice of this community, I am listing at £10,500

Number of Former Keepers: 3

Previously Registered/Used Overseas – Registered First in the UK 1995

Mileage: 20,620

Last MOT: 2012 - Although I believe the bike can be listed as a historic bike.

Thread Detailing Work done up till 2017 - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23109

Link to Photos: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aroizc3o59eo ... YIL3a?dl=0

The Kawasaki has under gone a full rebuild as detailed in the thread and further images can be provided to show the work done that's not shown in the thread.

· Engine Rebuild – Cases Blasted, Valves Cleaned, Polished, Seated and Laped

· Carbs - stripped, cleaned, vapour blasted, and had a new full carb kit fitted, and all metal parts re-zinc during rebuild

· Tanks, Panels Re-Painted – Tank Lines Hand Painted

· Metal Work Re-Zinced

· Wheels – Re-chromed and Rebuilt

· Seat Recovered

· Original Clocks Refurbished by Al Marshall
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ChrisB
100Club
100Club

Re: Kawasaki Z1000 A1

#2 PostAuthor: ChrisB » Sun May 08, 2022 9:01 am

Firstly, sorry for your loss.
I'd say you're bang on at that price and worth every penny of that to the person who wants a sorted Z1000. I remember watching the build thread and was very impressed by the attention to detail. That bike wants for nothing (except maybe an exhaust) in my opinion.
Good luck with the sale.

badgb21
Regular Poster

Re: Kawasaki Z1000 A1

#3 PostAuthor: badgb21 » Tue May 10, 2022 4:55 pm

PM sent

Return to “For Sale”