Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Andy Gordon's Bike

Advertise your BIKES and PARTS here

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

RALPHARAMA
Area Rep.
Area Rep.

Andy Gordon's Bike

#1 PostAuthor: RALPHARAMA » Sat May 07, 2022 9:59 am

I have been asked to offer his bikes for sale on here. His son has stated that he would like his Z1000A1 viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23109&start=60
to be sold to a member if at all possible. I have been asked to act as a point of contact, to help field the piss takers taking advantage. I hope that no club member would do that anyway.

His son is living and working in Birmingham. His bike currently is in Southampton, but will move to Brum in the near future. I don't know anything about the bike other than it is supposed to be absolutely mint. His some sent the following email :-

Here is the rundown for the bikes as discussed, I feel I may need further detail but let me know.

Kawasaki Z1000 A1 (Originally Looked Like an A2) – 1978

I would like to sell this via the Z1 Owners Club as Preference.

Number of Former Keepers: 3
Previously Registered/Used Overseas – Registered First in the UK 1995
Mileage: Approx 20,620 – Can Confirm on Request
Last MOT: 2012
Thread Detailing Work done up till 2017 - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23109
Link to Photos:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aroizc3o59eo ... YIL3a?dl=0

The Kawasaki has under gone a full rebuild as detailed in the thread and further images can be provided to show the work done that's not shown in the thread.
• Engine Rebuild – Cases Blasted, Valves Cleaned, Polished, Seated and Laped
• Carbs - stripped, cleaned, vapour blasted, and had a new full carb kit fitted, and all metal parts re-zinc during rebuild
• Tanks, Panels Re-Painted – Tank Lines Hand Painted
• Metal Work Re-Zinced
• Wheels – Re-chromed and Rebuilt
• Seat Recovered
• Original Clocks Refurbished by Al Marshall

The bike has been stored for winter quarters, the tank, side panels, fuel tap, battery and wing mirrors have been taken off. So this bike will require additional work to get running. The tank will need to be flushed as the inside has been protected for storage and fuel pipes may need replacing. The bike was last run and serviced by my late father (gordon62) in the summer of 2021 before being stored.

Andy told his son he believed it to be worth £10,500 or there about.

Suzuki TT350 – 1972

Number of Former Keepers: 6
Mileage: Approx 3,047 – Can Confirm on Request
Last MOT: 2013
Link to Photos: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pl5ioavgmoyg ... lioGa?dl=0

The Suzuki TT350 has under gone a complete rebuild and discovered to be a rare TT350 with different colours to the original T350R. Images can be provided to show the work done and has been rebuilt to original specifications with original, nos and repro parts when original or nos was not available.

• Engine Fully Rebuild – Cases Blasted, Valves Cleaned, Polished, Seated and Laped etc.
• Carbs - Stripped, Cleaned, Vapour Blasted, and a new full Carb Kit Fitted.
• Oil Pump Fully Rebuilt and Tested. To be Installed – Will Provide Instructions from the professional who has rebuilt the unit.
• Tanks, Panels Re-Painted in Original Candy Red 157
• Metal Work Re-Zinced, Chrome or painted Dependant on Part.
• Seat Recovered with Additional Trim

The bike has been stored for winter quarters, the tank, side panels, air box, battery and wing mirrors have been taken off.

So this bike will require additional work to get running on top of reinstalling the oil pump. The tank may need to be flushed as it was likely protected for storage. The bike was last run and serviced by my late father in the summer of 2021 before being stored for winter.
Any further questions or details needed, let me know and I’ll try to answer them. I have prices in mind for both bikes, but interested in seeing what people might offer first. However as you’ll guess nick I have a limited experience in this side of things.

Regards

Sam

I think he was looking for around £6K for the Suzuki
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by RALPHARAMA on Mon May 09, 2022 3:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ralph Ferrand
Z1000A1 (1977), Godier Genoud Z1300A5 (1983), Z900A4 Stock (1976), Z900A4 Special (project), GPZ1100 Unitrak (1983), ZRX1200R (2004) DT175MX (1981).

http://www.bikerstoolbox.co.uk

Don't be caught out http://www.dhlparcels.info/

ADRIAN H
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Andy Gordon's Bike

#2 PostAuthor: ADRIAN H » Sun May 08, 2022 5:15 pm

The dropbox links do not appear to be complete.

Below link to his Z1000A1 rebuild -

viewtopic.php?t=23109
adrianhorsfield@live.co.uk
Sunny Bournemouth. Dorset. UK.

chrisu

Re: Andy Gordon's Bike

#3 PostAuthor: chrisu » Tue May 10, 2022 8:44 am

ADRIAN H wrote:The dropbox links do not appear to be complete.

Below link to his Z1000A1 rebuild -

viewtopic.php?t=23109

now fixed

Return to “For Sale”