Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

For sale 750 turbo project

Advertise your BIKES and PARTS here

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

mike_p
100Club
100Club

For sale 750 turbo project

#1 PostAuthor: mike_p » Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:03 pm

Okay after a lot of thinking I've decided I'm moving on my last 750 turbo project as it’s just sitting there gathering dust. It’s a 1984 Kawasaki Zx750e turbo Project bike c/w NOVA cert and dating certificate (July 1984).
The bike is now dismantled for restoration as my next stage before reality kicked in (ie I’m not getting any younger and I’ll just never have the time) was dropping it all off at the powdercoaters. It was all together and rolling when i got it, lots of the metalwork is a bit scruffy but should all blast up/powdercoat fine. Yes all the rare hard to find parts are there i.e. 1 x mint Alloy blade + 1 spare blade, original Kawasaki bellypan (couple of cracks in it that will plastic weld easy), both outer plenum covers. There are no original silencers but the original H-pipe is there + a spare h-pipe that has been modified to a single side outlet. The original Hitachi turbo is included which i would assume needs rebuilding. However it comes with an excellent Garret turbo which I was going to fit as it’s a much better spec than the original Hitachi unit and it needs no work. My plan as on previous turbo’s was to fit a stubby pipe straight off the turbo i.e.no silencers needed. A few sets of original manifolds will come with it.
Bike has just over 6k on the mph speedo, but as the bike is getting on for 40 yrs old and was stood in a shed for the last 20+ years the mileage is irrelevant. Seat comes with a new proper style replica seat cover (to be fitted) and a genuine turbo tank in original paint, All fairing uppers and lowers and every panel is there and all original kawasaki.
A ton of spare parts and a lot of NOS stuff....not just rubbers and stuff in the NOS parts either it includes things like full footrest hangers assemblies, top yoke, complete rear master cylinder + linkage etc etc.....I could break it all and sell it separately for more money, but I’d much rather it went as job lot for someone to restore. Engine has the barrel and heads off as i was going to 810 it, comes with a spare set of barrels and heads a nicely already painted up set .
This is not a weekend project, there is all the usual shed find refurb work to do, i have over £2800 in it and am letting it all go for that, it’s worth more than that in parts alone. If interested drop me a pm and we can have a chat, i will happily take pictures of any of the parts if asked. I don't want to put a mountain of pictures up on here if possible….I'm not a fan of computers !
Cash on collection or bank transfer only, id be happy to work with a courier.....I'm in North Yorkshire.
IMG_0458.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Garry.L
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: For sale 750 turbo project

#2 PostAuthor: Garry.L » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:42 pm

'tis a good Buy for Someone. Blade and tank alone could fetch getting on for £1K. For anyone wanting to restore to original there is a group buy for exact repo pipes on the Turbo Forum (I have a set on mine)...

https://www.750turbo.com/forum/index.php

GLWTS Mike.
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

mike_p
100Club
100Club

Re: For sale 750 turbo project

#3 PostAuthor: mike_p » Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:48 am

Cheers Garry, yeah I started adding up the price of the parts and quickly got well past the asking price, some of the NOS bits are no longer available either. I’d have loved to carry on with it but by the time I got around to finishing it I’d likely be too old to ride it !

Return to “For Sale”