Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

For sale 1983 Z1000R2 ELR

Advertise your BIKES and PARTS here

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

Tony P
new poster

For sale 1983 Z1000R2 ELR

#1 PostAuthor: Tony P » Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:34 am

For sale a rare Kawasaki Z1000R2 Eddie Lawson Replica, a genuine UK registered bike with the correct R stated in the frame number. One previous owner from new, the owner bought this ELR (a 1983 model) in April 1984 and rode it regularly until 1993 when family and work commitments made him take it off the road temporarily. This turned out to be for 27 years when it was stored in his heated garage.
I brought the ELR in Feb 2021 and the first task was to find a new kerker exhaust (at great cost). Being a UK bike it was supplied in white and had a 4:2 exhaust see original owners ad words below.

The last few tax disc are still in the holder, I have all but 2 MOT certificates up to 1993 / 1994 (expiry).
About 2 years ago, I decided to strip it down, had the frame and some other parts powder coated (Dream Machine) and spent time rebuilding when able. The tank etc has also been re-sprayed Kawasaki green, original bike was white.
New filters, spark plugs and battery fitted, new engine oil. Runs very well.
The bike is mainly original, the exhaust was replaced with a Motad Neta, rear shocks replaced with Koni, the fairing screen and mirrors replaced along with a few rubber mounts and air intake rubbers. I have also had a stainless steel rear brake torque arm.
I still have the original mirrors (replaced as 1 has a cracked glass), exhaust brackets, rear brake torque arm etc and a few spares, clutch cable a couple of indicators and a few gaskets from a set which were not required.

I also rebuilt the starter motor with an original kit and apart from general care, oil changes, new battery etc. the bike has been perfect. The bike has now done 30,024 miles and has MOT.
I have all the info/parts from the original owner which includes receipts, MOT's, tax discs, background info, owner manual, workshop manual, spare key and toolkit.
So here is your chance to own a very rare ELR.
Price £12,500
Thanks for looking Tony
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tony P on Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
You're only as young as you feel
Z1 1973 Street
Z900 1976 Standard
Z1000 ELR

chrisu

Re: For sale 1983 Z1000R2 ELR

#2 PostAuthor: chrisu » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:27 am

Nice bike

Tony P
new poster

Re: For sale 1983 Z1000R2 ELR

#3 PostAuthor: Tony P » Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:45 pm

Thanks Chris.

I have had no interest from when I listed it in July which surprises me given the bikes history, so I obviously over cooked the price.

So reduced price is £10,950.
You're only as young as you feel
Z1 1973 Street
Z900 1976 Standard
Z1000 ELR

Return to “For Sale”