Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

1977 KZ1000/Z1000 A1for sale

Advertise your BIKES and PARTS here

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

Bashful
new poster

1977 KZ1000/Z1000 A1for sale

#1 PostAuthor: Bashful » Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:30 am

I bought this bike in 2013, having loved my Z650 back in the early 80s and wanting to re-live that experience. Unfortunately, I've hardly ridden her and she's sat under covers in my garage the last 8 years.
She's an American import, first registered in the UK in 2001, with me being the second UK owner. Almost 31000 miles on the clock (6,000 of these being in the UK confirmed by all mot certs). Many receipts, which show new head stock bearings, camchain tensioner and rear brake disc fitted in the last 2 to 3000 miles.
It comes with the original owner's handbook, tool kit and genuine Kawasaki, Clymer and Haynes workshop manuals.
Laying up for all those years meant some work was needed to make her ready to ride once again.
The tank has been cleaned, carbs stripped, ultrasonically cleaned prior to complete carb kits (Keyster) being used to replace all jets/seals/gaskets.
A new battery, spark plugs, air filter and oil and filter have been fitted.
All brake calipers/pistons have been inspected and cleaned,with new caliper seals and pads (EBCs) fitted to the rear.
New brake fluid and a good clean to an already tidy bike brings us up to date.
The bike's pretty much standard and is still on it's original rims, but has Jama silencers fitted which look the part and are in excellent condition. I believe these were a slip-on replacement made by Laser back then.
The previous owner also had the front brake set up changed to a twin drilled disc set up, which was a 'must' upgrade to many bikes back in the day.
The original rear disc/caliper/piston, front discs (not drilled), original front brake lever and housing with master cylinder and reservoir come with the bike in a box of spares. Also in the box are a pair of boxed Hagon shocks (which the previous owner bought, but preferred the softer ride of the originals), some front engine (crash) bars, the original petrol cap (stripped, cleaned, lubed and reassembled with a new rubber seal, oil filter and fuel tap.
The bike's fitted with Dyna electronic ignition. The tyres are Bridgestone BT45Rs which although showing no signs of perishing and new when I purchased the bike would be best replaced due to their age.
There are some minor blemishes to the paintwork and one or two corroded fasteners here and there, but, all considered, the bike is in good condition for a 46 year old bike.
It's registered as historic so needs no MOT and road tax free.
I've only ridden her about 60 miles so far since the work described, but she starts, runs and rides very well with no issues.
Please ask if there's anything I haven't covered.
I'm asking for £6,995 (or very close to that) and would prefer direct bank transfer as payment.
Many thanks
Martin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ADRIAN H
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: 1977 KZ1000/Z1000 A1for sale

#2 PostAuthor: ADRIAN H » Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:55 pm

Sweet bike. GLWS
adrianhorsfield@live.co.uk
Sunny Bournemouth. Dorset. UK.

bulldogbobby
100Club
100Club

Re: 1977 KZ1000/Z1000 A1for sale