Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Restoration of a 1942 Willys jeep GPW Ford

Talk about all your non-Zed or even Kawasaki bikes here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

Skid Mark
100Club
100Club

Re: Restoration of a 1942 Willys jeep GPW Ford

#46 PostAuthor: Skid Mark » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:24 pm

Great job Phillips,
A different Green Meanie!

davejames
ZedHead
ZedHead

#47 PostAuthor: davejames » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:49 pm

Fantastic restoration Philippe :)
Feng shui................my arse

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

#48 PostAuthor: Philippe » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:37 am

Hello men

thanks a lot for all the compliments!

@ Bill: I don't know if Thorben will ride along...he's rather agressive towards other people and dogs when he's in the garden, who knows what might happen if he's in the back of a jeep...
@ 660smc : I also started long ago with a model jeep but in a 1/35 scale, who knows where a 1/6 scale model (a very nice one !) will take you...

Next week more news... hopefully good news.
GrtZ
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

#49 PostAuthor: Philippe » Sat May 04, 2024 5:35 am

Hi men

yesterday, friday the third of May, I went to the MOT with the jeep. :?:
Since the jeep didn't came with a license plate I used the license plate of my car to ride to the MOT station. As long as you have an insurance for even one day for that vehicle, you're safe to do that in Belgium, allthough it's not completely legal but it's tolerated. :roll:
It was raining cats and dogs and I was happy to have the summer top on my jeep allthough it didn't saved me from getting wet .
The jeep passed the MOT brilliantly and I received a lot of compliments for the work I did. :D
One man said, when he was under the jeep, that it was a jewel and that he never before saw a bottom of a jeep that was so clean.
When they noticed that the whole brake and suspension system was completely renewed they didn't checked it, they assumed that it was OK and in good working condition (and it is !).
I left the MOT station with a green paper (approved to be used on the public road) and with a paper with the correct stamps and signatures on it to get a license plate. :D
Next monday I have an appointment with the insurance company to fill in the papers to receive a license plate. The company has to put another stamp on it and sign it to certify that there's an insurance for the vehicle.
As soon as the license plate arrives I can hit the road!
All's well that ends well and the moments of frustration that occured to me while restoring it are faded away now. It took me blood (a little bit), sweat ( a lot of) but fortunately no tears to restore it.
I'll put some pictures of the jeep on here when I'm taking her out in the country for a ride.
GrtZ
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

Z1streetfighter71
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#50 PostAuthor: Z1streetfighter71 » Sat May 04, 2024 6:44 am

Congratulations Philippe! Cant wait to see you the Wife and Thorben in your olive drab out and about it it.

chrisNI
Site Admin

#51 PostAuthor: chrisNI » Mon May 06, 2024 10:38 pm

Good work Philippe it's been an epic! :D

Return to “The Bottom Shed”