Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

TRIPLES

Talk about all your non-Zed or even Kawasaki bikes here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

irhobotolo
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

TRIPLES

#1 PostAuthor: irhobotolo » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:10 pm

OKAY :lol: I will kick things off again with a few pictures of my latest plaything. I recently bought this off a local guy called Vince and I know that some of you will know both the bike and Vince from past meetings at Coleshill. Vince was a big mate of Phil Churchett and is a genuine nice guy. The bike is original and unrestored and lived in California until 3 years ago. It will remain unrestored for as long as I own it. Date codes and fasteners are correct and the paint marks from assembly are there. It rides absolutely superb and I think that this could be a long term relationship even at 20 mpg !!!!!!

And I have put the correct engine cover back on now before anyone points it out :lol: :lol: :lol:

irhobotolo
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#2 PostAuthor: irhobotolo » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:30 pm

Kev1R
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#3 PostAuthor: Kev1R » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:52 pm

Very very nice
Lovely example

firyembers
Custard Creem

#4 PostAuthor: firyembers » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:09 pm

That's definately worth a few tankfuls of go go juice for the scratching,terrorising and the pants filling fear of a lovely Sunday afternoon. :twisted:
Go on be good to yourself.. :D

There was a guy in Welshpool who had one in the 73-4,unbelievable the stunts he got up to on it,i bought his previous bike a Suzuki T200 Invader.
There were some around Llangollen and Llanlidloes aswell...

An inspiring bike which led me to love Kawasaki

From Wikipedia....

An H2 holds the record for the first 7-second single engined two stroke of any kind, with a standing quarter-mile of 7.776 secs at 170mph (NOS), ridden by Brian Pretzel of Redline Motorsports, engine built by Garth Glumm of Flow Research, also the engine builders of the fastest normally aspirated at 156.79 mph (IHRA-Bristol Tn.-1991). The quickest reed-valve converted, normally aspirated 750cc motorcycle with a standing quarter-mile of 8.24 secs at 153 mph held by Joe Bird of Fremont Nebraska.
Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, beer in the other, body used up, totally worn-out and screaming, "WOO HOO, what a ride!"

kas750
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#5 PostAuthor: kas750 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:16 pm

tlc
Hardcore
Hardcore

#6 PostAuthor: tlc » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:45 pm

You are quite right Steve in not restoring that bike. You are a custodian of a very nice H2.
Asphalt Cowboy Z1100R, 1981 Z1000J

sp.milne
100Club
100Club

triples

#7 PostAuthor: sp.milne » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:59 pm

Just need to get hold of a grab rail

chrisNI
Site Admin

#8 PostAuthor: chrisNI » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:15 pm

That H1 is lovely in blue. The H2B is my favourite of the H2s as well. Luvverly.

Thezedsintheshed
100Club
100Club

#9 PostAuthor: Thezedsintheshed » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:00 pm

Thats a cracking H2 , stick a set of KH250 side panel badges on it and get out and have some fun running around against the plastic brigade :hys

As soon as I manage to get the workshop rebuilt here then I need to dig my tripples out and get them sorted , am ashamed to say it but they are packed away nearly buried at the moment under loads of junk in the back of another shed :oops: :oops: :oops:

Theres a H2C , KH400 and a 72 S1 looking really sorry for themselves :oops:
It's not broke , just in bit's for a while !

irhobotolo
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#10 PostAuthor: irhobotolo » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:14 pm

Thezedsintheshed wrote:Thats a cracking H2 , stick a set of KH250 side panel badges on it and get out and have some fun running around against the plastic brigade

Away from the lights in a straight line it is REALY quick and I have to say that none of my other bikes could live with it on acceleration through the gears. If you want a bike to blow away the cobwebs or give you the feelgood factor then get one of these. Anyone got any Denco's for sale :rocks

kas750
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#11 PostAuthor: kas750 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:32 pm

kas750
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#12 PostAuthor: kas750 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:34 pm

irhobotolo wrote:Away from the lights in a straight line it is REALY quick and I have to say that none of my other bikes could live with it on acceleration through the gears.

A z1 is a really nice rider but anybody who thinks it will keep up with a h2 is kidding themselves,its not even close.

irhobotolo
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#13 PostAuthor: irhobotolo » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:05 pm

Adrian, If the sale falls through I will have them. If you know of any more please let me know.

kas750
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#14 PostAuthor: kas750 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:08 pm

They sold straight away Steve. :| I will keep my eyes out for you for another set.Whatever you do don't have your head turned by any other type of pipe such as wirges though.Denco's are the bomb! :D :D ...Sweet bike by the way :D

Thezedsintheshed
100Club
100Club

#15 PostAuthor: Thezedsintheshed » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:17 pm

If you are still looking for a set of Denco's there are a set on Ebay at the moment but they have been modified slightly :roll:

Kawasaki H2 750 Denco style expansion chambers on eBay (end time 05-Jul-11 11:07:49 BST)
It's not broke , just in bit's for a while !

Return to “The Bottom Shed”