Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

This years bikes.

Talk about all your non-Zed or even Kawasaki bikes here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

octanejunkie
Regular Poster

This years bikes.

#1 PostAuthor: octanejunkie » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:54 pm

As we are approaching the end of the year, i don't think i'll be buying any other machines now until 2013.
So here is what has passed through my hands this year with various degrees of fettling and or restoration.
The Bandit was great. Only 8000 miles, stored since 2006. Quick clean of the carbs and she was purring. Just £800 on a 54 plate! Sold it two weeks later for £1800!

"People are more opposed to fur than they are leather because its safer to harass rich women than it is motorcycle gangs"

jimmock
Hardcore
Hardcore

#2 PostAuthor: jimmock » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:53 am

I like the GS.

I hope you are declaring your profits to HMRC......................................

So they have even more dosh to give away to asylum seekers, illegal immigrants, waisters, junkies, overseas aid etc etc etc.
Jimmock. :wnkr

SPEED IS JUST A QUESTION OF MONEY...HOW FAST DO 'YOU' WANT TO GO?

I hate people I don't like !

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#3 PostAuthor: Pigford » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:43 am

Ace - gonna show this thread to Mrs P, as I've bought & sold a good half-a-dozen bikes this year.... and you beat me :lol:
And on the 7th day... Zeds were created!

andyb1962
ZedHead
ZedHead

#4 PostAuthor: andyb1962 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:08 am

They all look very clean ! ................excellant
:wink:
Andy :wink:

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didnt exist"

malmojoe

#5 PostAuthor: malmojoe » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:06 pm

very nice bikes. It must be nice to own them for a little while, but I'm sure you just broke even at the end of the year - this being an open forum on the interweb and everything.... :rul

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#6 PostAuthor: Pigford » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:05 pm

malmojoe wrote:very nice bikes. It must be nice to own them for a little while, but I'm sure you just broke even at the end of the year - this being an open forum on the interweb and everything.... :rul

I see where you're coming from - and I'm sure Octanejunkie probably ONLY just broke even :wink:

But as for me, I usually end up in the RED :roll:
And on the 7th day... Zeds were created!

malmojoe

#7 PostAuthor: malmojoe » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:43 pm

me too, going to take me years to clear it.

Ginger Bear
Hardcore
Hardcore

#8 PostAuthor: Ginger Bear » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:06 pm

Ducati have produced some truly beautiful bikes, but I think this one must be some sort of in-bread bastard mutant minger. :haw

# 104

Phil Churchett Award Winner 2011 & 2016 :D
Buzzworkz Best Modified Zed 2016

kas750
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#9 PostAuthor: kas750 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:54 pm

Ginger Bear wrote:Ducati have produced some truly beautiful bikes, but I think this one must be some sort of in-bread bastard mutant minger. :haw

]

Spot on

octanejunkie
Regular Poster

#10 PostAuthor: octanejunkie » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:59 pm

I thought the Duke was very pretty. One of those bikes that doesn't photograph too well. Not their finest hour stylistically, but it still had that low end grunt, rumbling exhaust not, and handling finesse that you would expect.

As far as breaking even goes. Yeah, thats probably about right. The Bandit made a few quid, but the others were just pocket money. No big profits when you tot up all the bits and pieces you have to buy when a new bike arrives.
The GSXR was the biggest surprise. It ran perfectly, had new tyres, and handled like a demon. Aside from the naff indicators and stainless exhaust it was totally stock, original paint and uncrashed too. Couldn't GIVE it away. With a fresh ticket on it i struggled to get £900 for it.... :??
"People are more opposed to fur than they are leather because its safer to harass rich women than it is motorcycle gangs"

Return to “The Bottom Shed”