Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Turbo

Talk about all your non-Zed or even Kawasaki bikes here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

dixiethedog
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Turbo

#1 PostAuthor: dixiethedog » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:07 pm

I wish i was posting that i had a kawasaki turbo of some sort,but instead im happy to report that I've more or less done a deal to buy a complete draw thru turbo kit for an oil cooled suzuki. It should still be fun I think. :D
The plan is to fit it to a gsxr1127 engine and then decide which bike to stick the engine in?
The fave as I type will be to stick it into an GSX11EFE frame. I could be boring and do a gsxr framed example instead? If I had a nice kawasaki frame I could have used that. :roll:
Every silver lining has a cloud...

yantosh
Regular Poster

#2 PostAuthor: yantosh » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:00 am

fbm is selling a kit mate

dixiethedog
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#3 PostAuthor: dixiethedog » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:24 pm

Thats the one. :D Im just waiting for his bank details. :D

dixiethedog
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#4 PostAuthor: dixiethedog » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:20 pm

I might be getting another z650 frame. :D A mate needs a 240 tyre for a chop,and I need a frame. Ive a set of bodywork which I can spray up to look nice,Ive some fireblade forks which can be painted to look like posh ohlins ones.......here I go again..........project number 14......

yantosh
Regular Poster

#5 PostAuthor: yantosh » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:31 pm

my Z650 thing is nearing completion :D

dixiethedog
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#6 PostAuthor: dixiethedog » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:42 pm

Thats cool news. If I do get the frame its getting monoshocked,a steelheart double tube and braced swingarm,early blade forks (painted candy gold to look like posh ones),a set of candy painted bodywork and a gsxr750engine. Ive been thinking about looking at a spare z900 rocker cover i have to see if it can be spliced onto the bottom section of a gsxf600 rocker cover? It would be fun to try to disguise the suzuki engine and make it look like a kawasaki one. :D The oil cooler can be hidden too. I'll wait and see if I get the frame first! :D Mind you,if anybody was to offer me some nice good condition piggy back shocks,the plan might change about the monoshock. :D

dixiethedog
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#7 PostAuthor: dixiethedog » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:49 pm

Thinking about ( :shock: )trying to make a suzuki engine look cool (like a kawasaki engine),i wonder if you could fit early zed carbs instead of those new fangled CV things or worse still flatslides? :D

I dont have any cv or flatslides for the gsxr engine by the way,so need to find some.

KWACKERZ1
Hardcore
Hardcore

#8 PostAuthor: KWACKERZ1 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:25 pm

Zed carbs will fit gsxr 750 (oil cooled motors)

Z1parR
Hardcore
Hardcore

#9 PostAuthor: Z1parR » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:17 pm

Have you seen this one Brett ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111003758899? ... 1423.l2649

It could do with being a bit nearer to you though :wink:
0172 . Geoff Parr

dixiethedog
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#10 PostAuthor: dixiethedog » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:56 pm

No I hadnt seen that one,thanks. Ive a mate locally who's building a chop,and I know he fancies a fattish back end for it and needs a tyre. He has a z650 frame with a V5,and Ive several 240 section tyres. :D I seemed to go thru a phase buying 240/300 and 330 section tyres. I dont know why? :lol:

I kind of made a start last night for an hour or so with the fireblade forks I have. I stuck them in my blast cabinet and give them a clean up,before starting to polish the bottom sections,that look like the bottoms of USD forks. The remaining fork bottoms will either get a coat of candy gold paint or something else. :roll: I've ideas but cant make my mind up. looking for something else today,i found another pair of fireblade forks with brake calipers,so im happy. I do still fancy trying my hand on my milling machine and making some adapters to fit some other brakes. :D Ive some aircraft grade alloy too,whatever that means. :lol:

Return to “The Bottom Shed”