Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

armstrong mt500 bobber/tracker project

Talk about all your non-Zed or even Kawasaki bikes here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Aztec Warrior
100Club
100Club

#31 PostAuthor: Aztec Warrior » Thu May 28, 2015 8:24 am

mick z1a wrote:its not about the mph for me anymore Aztec, its just about riding, i do love a 2 stroke, but im sticking with what ive got, its a good robust, easily maintained single cylinder engine, cam belt costs £17,50 and takes 10 mins to replace :wink:

Indeed Mick. Keep it simple, and it certainly sounds that. Has become the 'in thing' recently, Trackers, Bobbers and Cafe Racers, with all sorts of weird and wonderful creations coming out. Even the humble Super Dream and boring CX500 have been done. But the most heinous I've seen are the chopped down Bullets', they really do look odd with one's Derriere atop the rear wheel. Each to there own, but you'll have gleaned many ideas out there no doubt. Have a look in flickr too, plenty of old/new skool stuff in there. :wink:

mick znone
Hardcore
Hardcore

#32 PostAuthor: mick znone » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:24 am

things are happening, slowly, but they are happening. i went to pick up the headlamp yesterday but the wrong one had been ordered, not a big problem i said, things happen at a certain speed in Cornwall and i like it that way. It may be there today or monday. but i manage these nice mirrors.

I DONT CARE, IN OR OUT BUT IM ENJOYING THE DEBATE......................ARMSTRONG MT500. a pushbike, waves.....addict, no offence

Aztec Warrior
100Club
100Club

#33 PostAuthor: Aztec Warrior » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:38 am

Very snazzy Mick. That's about 99.9% of the project complete at that wonderful Cornish pace...lol:. There is hope for my Matchless yet, my 'one day' restoration, going on a quarter of a century.... And I'm Kentish... :D

mick znone
Hardcore
Hardcore

#34 PostAuthor: mick znone » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:04 am

been to see these a couple of times now, very funny act. doin it drecktly is the local saying, no rush https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IElsg1VOcVA :lol:
I DONT CARE, IN OR OUT BUT IM ENJOYING THE DEBATE......................ARMSTRONG MT500. a pushbike, waves.....addict, no offence

Aztec Warrior
100Club
100Club

#35 PostAuthor: Aztec Warrior » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:45 am

mick z1a wrote:been to see these a couple of times now, very funny act. doin it drecktly is the local saying, no rush https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IElsg1VOcVA :lol:

If it works for you Mick...? I managed 30 seconds of that, but then, I'm Kentish....! (I like the last/first comment on that link: "Wow.... They are shit"). :lol: :wink:

coldsummer
Hardcore
Hardcore

#36 PostAuthor: coldsummer » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:55 am

I really, genuinely, like the look of your bike Mick but I don't know why? Maybe it's the un-contrived simplicity or something but whatever, it must be a lot of fun riding around that beautiful part of the country. Well, before the holidaymakers arrive and ruin everything!

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#37 PostAuthor: Pigford » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:57 am

coldsummer wrote:I really, genuinely, like the look of your bike Mick but I don't know why? Maybe it's the un-contrived simplicity or something but whatever, it must be a lot of fun riding around that beautiful part of the country. Well, before the holidaymakers arrive and ruin everything!

I liked the way your prely was heading... but it just ended on a slightly tainted note.... holidaymakers arrive and ruin everything!

Good effort tho' but no cigar :lol:
And on the 7th day... Zeds were created!

mick znone
Hardcore
Hardcore

#38 PostAuthor: mick znone » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:36 am

Pigford wrote:
coldsummer wrote:I really, genuinely, like the look of your bike Mick but I don't know why? Maybe it's the un-contrived simplicity or something but whatever, it must be a lot of fun riding around that beautiful part of the country. Well, before the holidaymakers arrive and ruin everything!

I liked the way your prely was heading... but it just ended on a slightly tainted note.... holidaymakers arrive and ruin everything!

Good effort tho' but no cigar :lol:

thats cornwall for you, contrived simplicity, lot of fun the ruined by the erm, er, "lovely holiday folk" :lol:

skibs
Regular Poster

#39 PostAuthor: skibs » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:13 pm

maybe you could make use of this mick.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/other-motorbik ... 1119839448

another time consuming cornish project that didnt happen

mick znone
Hardcore
Hardcore

#40 PostAuthor: mick znone » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:00 pm

whatever was in the add hads gone skibs :(

Coldsummer, it is a great machine for down here, on road or track its made for down here, except the rubbish brakes. I found with the big zed i was forever riding off throttle, really frustrating given the performance of getting it out of the barn and up the track onto the road, damn shame because i loved to sit looking at it but found that that was what i did most,just looked at it. Ive loved the zed since back in the day when i would occasionally see one of those ducktails and those pointed clocks zipping past me in the midlands, maybe the time will be right again one day.

coldsummer
Hardcore
Hardcore

#41 PostAuthor: coldsummer » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:22 pm

mick z1a wrote:whatever was in the add hads gone skibs :(

Coldsummer, it is a great machine for down here, on road or track its made for down here, except the rubbish brakes. I found with the big zed i was forever riding off throttle, really frustrating given the performance of getting it out of the barn and up the track onto the road, damn shame because i loved to sit looking at it but found that that was what i did most,just looked at it. Ive loved the zed since back in the day when i would occasionally see one of those ducktails and those pointed clocks zipping past me in the midlands, maybe the time will be right again one day.

I hope you are able to get one again Mick. I lived in North Devon in my early 20's and the roads were lovely and empty during the off-peak season. Unfortunately I only had an old DT175MX to careen around on but it was still fun!

Aztec Warrior
100Club
100Club

Bobber inspiration!

#42 PostAuthor: Aztec Warrior » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:39 am

A better picture of the Bullet I mentioned in Out & About today Mick.
These creations seem to be all the rage recently, some done much better than others, and prices are fairly strong I note.
This one is obviously one of the better builds. It's a local (Kent) bike and he knows his stuff. Chatting to the owner, he was right too when he said my crank would be shot by 20k! His is fully rebuilt, including a Hitchcock's English made crank.
A fun looking day out tool.

mick znone
Hardcore
Hardcore

#43 PostAuthor: mick znone » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:42 pm

that is a thing of beauty to me Aztec, right up my street. :drool

picked my 5 3/4 inch headlamp up today, have a look at fitting it this next week because im working at home :hur2

Piggy, much apologies, i wont be using the ears, bottom mounted seems to be the way to go. I f you pm me your address i will pop them back to you, maybe even a few cornish biscuits in there too :wink:

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#44 PostAuthor: Pigford » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:53 pm

mick z1a wrote:that is a thing of beauty to me Aztec, right up my street. :drool

picked my 5 3/4 inch headlamp up today, have a look at fitting it this next week because im working at home :hur2

Piggy, much apologies, i wont be using the ears, bottom mounted seems to be the way to go. I f you pm me your address i will pop them back to you, maybe even a few cornish biscuits in there too :wink:

Keep them Mick - an early Xmas gift - but I want a ride on the finished machine :wink:
And on the 7th day... Zeds were created!

mick znone
Hardcore
Hardcore

#45 PostAuthor: mick znone » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:17 pm

nice one Piggy, i hope you would want to ride it when ive finished, it may look like a hideous lump lol

here is the lamp for the job.Image

Return to “The Bottom Shed”