Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

One way to get the lad off the bloody computer

Talk about all your non-Zed or even Kawasaki bikes here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Garry.L
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: One way to get the lad off the bloody computer

#61 PostAuthor: Garry.L » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:31 pm

Ian....

Up 'ere we get a TV programme called 'Shed & Buried', It's just your typical buy old stuff, do it up and flog it on for a profit type show that's popular at the minute on every channel. Although this one does have a slight slant towards Motorcycles.

Anyway, In one of the episodes (which I can't find) they find a barn full of old Landrovers including early Military types with the Rover P6 lump (?) and a basket case series 1 factory prototype with it's original Factory fitted Rolls-Royce engine. The owner refused to sell and had already turned down an offer of £40K :shock: .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se9002r6zHA (spot the Widowmaker (not mine))
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Is Vic There
Hardcore
Hardcore

#62 PostAuthor: Is Vic There » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:23 pm

Been a while!
Bit of an update, picked up the fully rebuilt transmission and transfer case yesterday, had some new windscreen glass cut, ordered the new cloth covered wiring loom, the body is being blasted at the moment ready for repair, got all the galvanised bits back which look far too bright but I've been told will dull down!

Since we started this project me and my lad are like best mates now, its been a real life changing experience and I would really recommend it anyone who was in the same position as me! He has changed as well, he has put his head down in school and has been put into the year above him in maths and physics, he has now got his heart set on being an engineer in the Navy, I'm really chuffed!

Norton 850 Command, Harris Mag 2, Harris Mag 5, Triumph Steve McQueen, Suzuki RGV250 Barry Sheene, RG250 Walter Wolf, RD125LC, Lambretta Li150, Vespa 50N.

trikerdrew
100Club
100Club

#63 PostAuthor: trikerdrew » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:55 am

Looks great thus far :mrgreen:

Something that crossed my mind was the montego oil conversion or an LPG kit?

Running costs are high on the standard petrol lump...

Bloody great read either way

Proper parenting!¬!

drew

Is Vic There
Hardcore
Hardcore

#64 PostAuthor: Is Vic There » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:09 pm

I'm trying to keep it as standard as possible, we've talked about what would happen when the time comes to sell and have sort of agreed that 1/2 the proceeds go into his bank and the other have can fund a replacement.
Norton 850 Command, Harris Mag 2, Harris Mag 5, Triumph Steve McQueen, Suzuki RGV250 Barry Sheene, RG250 Walter Wolf, RD125LC, Lambretta Li150, Vespa 50N.

Is Vic There
Hardcore
Hardcore

#65 PostAuthor: Is Vic There » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:27 pm

I love the postman!

New wiring loom from Vintage wiring, cloth bound just like the original, placed new to the new alternator.

Just the body to come back and we can get stuck into putting everything back together!

Just need to get a drawing on how the wiring loom fits?

Is Vic There
Hardcore
Hardcore

#66 PostAuthor: Is Vic There » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:25 pm

Great morning with the Lad, tranny now into place, didn't have time to fit the new windscreen so that'll be one of the jobs for next weekend.
Hopefully the body will be blasted this week so we'll be able to take it round to Harry at Series rescue for prep.

Is Vic There
Hardcore
Hardcore

#67 PostAuthor: Is Vic There » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:45 pm

Quick update!
New glass in the windscreen, hand brake assembly restored and fitted, filled the diffs, engine, gearbox and wheel swivels with oil and no leaks so far :D prop shafts have been cleaned painted and greased and will be refitted Saturday, forgot to line the UJ's up and fit a rubber gaiter on the front one! The original brake and clutch lines are getting dropped off today so they can use them as a template for new lines.

Bulkhead has gone off to be painted, all going quite well we should be in a position to start her very soon :D

Is Vic There
Hardcore
Hardcore

#68 PostAuthor: Is Vic There » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:11 pm

Anyone recommend a picture hosting site, photobucket seams to have lost it!

Return to “The Bottom Shed”