Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Opinions please

Talk about all your non-Zed or even Kawasaki bikes here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#16 PostAuthor: Pigford » Fri May 20, 2016 12:52 pm

floydsz1 wrote:
Pigford wrote:My (biased) opinion...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :shock:

Must admit, mark, that's what I thought but I'm glad I tried one. Just ride it like it's designed for and it's Ok . when in the usa last year i did 2.5k in 2weeks on an indian chief vintage and it was the comfiest bike I've ridden. Awful in san Francisco but once out of town i can't really think of anything better. Bit different over here though with our congested road they won't be very nice

Fair comment
- I have tried a Sportster (few years back) and a Buell Lightening (which I liked) - but for my Kroozin' I ride my Trumpet - comfy, slow, slightly loud & fun :wink:

I just don't like the genre & associated style/aesthetics. Why not go for an older proper HD (pre 80's) which hasn't had the "noise & soul" engineered back in? :lol:

I suppose one day, when I'm real old, it may be an option to consider.
And on the 7th day... Zeds were created!

ADE
100Club
100Club

#17 PostAuthor: ADE » Fri May 20, 2016 1:32 pm

Well i bit the bullet and have put a deposit on a 1450 Dyna super glide thingy
will keep you posted
Ade

ZedHead
Hardcore
Hardcore

#18 PostAuthor: ZedHead » Fri May 20, 2016 2:09 pm

ADE wrote:Well i bit the bullet and have put a deposit on a 1450 Dyna super glide thingy
will keep you posted
Ade

There are cheaper ways of coping with male menopause :lol:

floydsz1
Hardcore
Hardcore

#19 PostAuthor: floydsz1 » Fri May 20, 2016 2:25 pm

ADE wrote:Well i bit the bullet and have put a deposit on a 1450 Dyna super glide thingy
will keep you posted
Ade

Well done. Us bro's have to stick together 😨😨

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#20 PostAuthor: Pigford » Fri May 20, 2016 3:39 pm

Is that it....

And on the 7th day... Zeds were created!

ADE
100Club
100Club

#21 PostAuthor: ADE » Fri May 20, 2016 6:24 pm

ZedHead wrote:
will keep you posted
Ade

There are cheaper ways of coping with male menopause :lol:

Like it
:D
Ade

ADE
100Club
100Club

#22 PostAuthor: ADE » Fri May 20, 2016 6:26 pm

Yes Mark but with spoked wheels. An itch i needed to scratch
Ade

swampy
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#23 PostAuthor: swampy » Sun May 22, 2016 7:57 pm

If you really have to commit to a mid life crisis, of do i look cool coz i cant or dont want to ride like a maniac. a hardly rideable is the bike for you but guess what, the throttle works both ways on a zed.

jphaynes669
ZedHead
ZedHead

#24 PostAuthor: jphaynes669 » Mon May 23, 2016 5:04 am

vduk wrote:As a result of my propensity for riding insanely fast on my modern bike (1050 Sprint) I traded down to a Harley 1450 Dyna Glide to slow me down.

It did what it says in the dealers; it did loud, very loud, it did slow, it did scraping out at minimal angles of lean, it did shiny, it did so low to the ground you couldn't see over cars and it did it's prime purpose in spades - making me look a dick! This was the reason it had to go!

If you're going to get a cruiser it might as well be a proper tractor - the plastic Harleys, as I call them, look awful! Metric cruiser is the term I believe.

The build quality and finish on a Harley is deplorable. Despite the massive price tag, all the fasteners are zinc plated and the engine paint falls off, as does the chrome. Many parts of the bike are made particularly nasty so that you go along the the local HD franchise and get bum raped for shiny bits to improve the looks. Lots of Harley riders get into the whole HD thing and get royally screwed for the apparel. They pay insane amounts of money for T shirts etc etc, it's not uncommon to pay fifty notes for a T shirt! I took great pride in conterfeiting my own T shirt, sweat shirt and hoody :lol:

If you're going to ride any distance you have to bin the stock seat; I paid over £300 notes, trade, for an HD armchair for my tractor!

I part ex'd mine with a mate for his 900A4 and four grand in Kawasaki tokens that I invested in a Godier Genoud Z1300A5 (with another grand).

TBH my Z1300 is the most comfortable long distance bike I've ever owned; I've ridden to Scotland and back via north and west Wales. I have scraped it out, but I had to try very hard :twisted:

Both my traded Kwakas have increased in value since I changed, doubt the tractor has!

Such a way with words you have ralph.....
The way you put your heart and soul into your posts is touching, ...
But seriously, a good mate is well into the hogs , he's had them years and even he says the build quality has gone down over the years...... peeling frame paint, and chrome , alongside the oil leaks are all to common according to him. I think thats what happens when a generaly average product starts being sold to the masses.....20 yrs ago you saw the odd harley, now they are every where.
Not for me but fair play if thats what you want.
Jeff.H

mick znone
Hardcore
Hardcore

#25 PostAuthor: mick znone » Mon May 23, 2016 6:48 am

ive spent my life doing things that people tell me not to do and loved every minute of it :sou :sou :sou

infact at times ive asked someone who i think is a t;ss;r whether or not they would do something and if they say no then i take that as a good reason to do it. transversely, if they say yes they would do it then i definitely dont. :ws :ws :lan
I DONT CARE, IN OR OUT BUT IM ENJOYING THE DEBATE......................ARMSTRONG MT500. a pushbike, waves.....addict, no offence

ADE
100Club
100Club

#26 PostAuthor: ADE » Mon May 23, 2016 9:39 am

Bum Raped :hys I have told the other half if i so much as look at a Lone Wolf patch she can give me a rite good Bitch slapping.I think it`s going to be a marmite thing
Ade

wayno
100Club
100Club

#27 PostAuthor: wayno » Mon May 23, 2016 10:24 am

Kev1R wrote:Thought about these?
http://www.indianmotorcycle.co.uk/

Coming to M&P Swansea soon.

swampy
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#28 PostAuthor: swampy » Mon May 23, 2016 8:33 pm

but why change from what you love zed's !

Mr Bump
100Club
100Club

#29 PostAuthor: Mr Bump » Tue May 24, 2016 8:29 am

got a mate calls them Hardly Drivables....

I was going to weigh in with some 'chromed wacker plate' type comments, but it seems a bit rude now you've bought one.

Maybe I'm being narrow minded not wanting to try one. Mind you, I don't fancy trying transvestism either.

Seriously though, any bike is a good bike if you like it. Hope you enjoy it.
'In your twenties you think you are immortal, in your thirties you hope you are immortal, in your forties you just hope it doesn't hurt too much'

Lemmy

mick znone
Hardcore
Hardcore

#30 PostAuthor: mick znone » Tue May 24, 2016 9:09 am

Mr Bump wrote:got a mate calls them Hardly Drivables....

I was going to weigh in with some 'chromed wacker plate' type comments, but it seems a bit rude now you've bought one.

Maybe I'm being narrow minded not wanting to try one. Mind you, I don't fancy trying transvestism either.

Seriously though, any bike is a good bike if you like it. Hope you enjoy it.

transvestitism is great fun, imagine it being a stockings night no matter how the day has gone :bla
I DONT CARE, IN OR OUT BUT IM ENJOYING THE DEBATE......................ARMSTRONG MT500. a pushbike, waves.....addict, no offence

Return to “The Bottom Shed”