Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

RD350 - Winter Project arrives

Talk about all your non-Zed or even Kawasaki bikes here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Tonto
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

RD350 - Winter Project arrives

#1 PostAuthor: Tonto » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:09 pm

Well, its that time of the year when I find myself spending more and more time in the "Man Cave" - so last week I got my winter project.

Its a US import RD350, log book, keys, matching numbers, original paint, chrome (not surprisingly some is a bit dodgy and needs a refresh) - claimed genuine 5000 miles etc etc.
Real shame she got a couple of dinks in shipping: but really pleased with her.
Changed fluids, new plugs, new battery, filter etc - Started second kick :shock: and amazingly went straight through her MOT with no advisories - really not sure how it managed that :shock: :D

Couple of Pics taken before strip-down, cleaning and polishing starts.

Cant believe its all going so smoothly - no doubt some nightmares to come.

Cheers Tim
"Better to remain silent and be thought an idiot, than to open your mouth and remove any doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Z900A4 / Hodna CBXZ / Ducati Diavel / H1F 500 Mongrel / CBXZ Project / RD400 project

ADRIAN H
Hardcore
Hardcore

#2 PostAuthor: ADRIAN H » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:47 pm

Lovely bike - had one back in the day and its predecessor - YR5 . Word of caution, please just be careful, going around corners. :wink:
adrianhorsfield@live.co.uk
Sunny Bournemouth. Dorset. UK.

ZedHead
Hardcore
Hardcore

#3 PostAuthor: ZedHead » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:59 pm

I think I recognise that bike. Did you get it from a guy in North Yorkshire?

Tonto
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#4 PostAuthor: Tonto » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:27 pm

Dave,
probably the same bike, as the guy who imported this was from North Yorks.
Cheers Tim
"Better to remain silent and be thought an idiot, than to open your mouth and remove any doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Z900A4 / Hodna CBXZ / Ducati Diavel / H1F 500 Mongrel / CBXZ Project / RD400 project

Garry.L
Hardcore
Hardcore

#5 PostAuthor: Garry.L » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:57 pm

ADRIAN H wrote:Lovely bike - had one back in the day and its predecessor - YR5 . Word of caution, please just be careful, going around corners. :wink:

Mate also had one back in the day and even then it had an almost H1/2 style rep as a Widowmaker, Although I rode it a few times and it really didn't feel that bad - Or at least no worse than much of the other stuff around at the time.

I wonder how many Riders binned their Blades and R1's at the height of the Race-rep craze?, yet it was always blamed on the fat Born-again biker, no one ever seemed to refer to these bikes as 'Widowmakers'.
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

ADRIAN H
Hardcore
Hardcore

#6 PostAuthor: ADRIAN H » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:09 pm

Garry.L wrote:
ADRIAN H wrote:Lovely bike - had one back in the day and its predecessor - YR5 . Word of caution, please just be careful, going around corners. :wink:

Mate also had one back in the day and even then it had an almost H1/2 style rep as a Widowmaker, Although I rode it a few times and it really didn't feel that bad - Or at least no worse than much of the other stuff around at the time.

I wonder how many Riders binned their Blades and R1's at the height of the Race-rep craze?, yet it was always blamed on the fat Born-again biker, no one ever seemed to refer to these bikes as 'Widowmakers'.

May also have been the quality of the tyres ?
adrianhorsfield@live.co.uk
Sunny Bournemouth. Dorset. UK.

wilsonsjw11
Hardcore
Hardcore

#7 PostAuthor: wilsonsjw11 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:33 am

Tim,
A real shame it suffered some damage during shipping.
Regards
Steve

Return to “The Bottom Shed”