Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Lucious

Talk about all your non-Zed or even Kawasaki bikes here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Garry.L
Hardcore
Hardcore

Lucious

#1 PostAuthor: Garry.L » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:59 pm

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

swampy
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Re: Lucious

#2 PostAuthor: swampy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:13 pm

I must admit that is a good looking bike.
Motor biking, motor biking, going down the queens highway like a rasher streaky bacon!

Kev1R
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#3 PostAuthor: Kev1R » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:24 pm

Great bike - knew someone who had one in 1976 - used to ride it everywhere flat out.
One of the reasons i had to buy one..... took me tilll 1979 to get the dosh together!
Still miss the frantic power delivery and 2 stroke smell and noise to this very day!

G
100Club
100Club

#4 PostAuthor: G » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:45 pm

That is a cracker,couple of questions hopefully Gary can help
Is that an original colour and what are your views price wise ?

Garry.L
Hardcore
Hardcore

#5 PostAuthor: Garry.L » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:05 pm

G wrote:That is a cracker,couple of questions hopefully Gary can help
Is that an original colour and what are your views price wise ?

Not that clued up on the 400's but colour looks right for a 76 A3.

See http://3cyl.com/mraxl/paint/triple_colo ... #container

As for price, advert is pretty crap and devoid of any useful info, and it does seem a tad steep for little 400, BUT if it looks as good in the flesh as it does in the pic's then it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it sold for the asking price. More so when you consider KH250's of equal standard are fetching close to this.

G
100Club
100Club

#6 PostAuthor: G » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:23 pm

Thanks Garry

Z1parR
Hardcore
Hardcore

#7 PostAuthor: Z1parR » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:01 pm

Almost clean enough to be one of yours Garry :up
0172 . Geoff Parr

chrisNI
Site Admin

#8 PostAuthor: chrisNI » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:32 pm

It looks incredibly clean and the price seems equally top end - but the seller has given scant information because he is obviously trying to get people to contact him off ebay - I thought that they had cracked down on that?

Garry.L
Hardcore
Hardcore

#9 PostAuthor: Garry.L » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:59 am

chrisNI wrote:It looks incredibly clean and the price seems equally top end - but the seller has given scant information because he is obviously trying to get people to contact him off ebay - I thought that they had cracked down on that?

Not for sale anymore anyway Chris - apparently he's lost it :lol: .....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222477265275? ... EBIDX%3AIT

relisysxx
100Club
100Club

#10 PostAuthor: relisysxx » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:04 pm

Price doesn't look bad to me, most of the restoration costs for a 250/400 are the same as a z1 (frame, chrome, wheels etc) so surely the price needs to be somewhere near also. if you think it's worth it buy it, if not--don't.

chrisNI
Site Admin

#11 PostAuthor: chrisNI » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:03 pm

relisysxx wrote:Price doesn't look bad to me, most of the restoration costs for a 250/400 are the same as a z1 (frame, chrome, wheels etc) so surely the price needs to be somewhere near also. if you think it's worth it buy it, if not--don't.

Yeah true but that works both ways - and it's also similar for an H1 or an H2 (give or take some engine bits) so if you sank £5000 into restoring a late model (particularly a white) KH250 it's not going to be worth the anything like the same as the H2. That's why restorers prefer the charismatic or scarce bikes - more chance of getting the money back on the same outlay. If that was an S3 it would probably be nearer the mark, but KH400s have generally been worth less. That's still a strong asking price nicely done though it may be.

I just noticed on one of your earlier posts you have a KH250 you're working on - if it happens to be white the above is not aimed at you :oops: My brother restored a white one that looked like it had come out of a pond for a guy a number of years ago, the bloke spent a fortune on it and it turned out very nice, he then spent ages trying to sell it but I think he still has it. Also Simon at tripleparts also told me had a a white one he couldn't sell for ages, then he put a '76 paint set on it and sold it immediately. If yours is a later one with black sidepanels paint it in the earlier colour... IMHO :) :D

relisysxx
100Club
100Club

#12 PostAuthor: relisysxx » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:17 am

:D Yep I am doing a Kh250 at present (thats how In know the things cost nearly as much to restore as a Z1) and yes it was white :oops: , and yes it will most likely end up with a blue b1 paint set if only because thats what I had when I was 17 (and the white was pretty awful).
Just for the record I wasn't bigging up the value of 250's just because I happen to be restoring one, the same could be said of any make (a GT380 will cost nearly as much as a GT750 to restore) but what you say is correct, the bikes we all lusted after in our youth will always demand a premium, but in the little triple's defence they ain't shipping container loads over from the States and most of the got wrecked by the likes of me in 1978 :)

Return to “The Bottom Shed”