Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Wanna get rich fast ? - Here's how ....

Talk about all your non-Zed or even Kawasaki bikes here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Charlie
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Wanna get rich fast ? - Here's how ....

#1 PostAuthor: Charlie » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:01 pm

I spotted this bike for sale a week or so back on Ebay at £3500 on a classified sale....HERE I recalled the mag article about it and was half-toying with the idea of buying it. I do like different.

Until today that is lol ....

I get dealers need to make money - but surely this is one of the bigger piss takes of the modern era ? HOW much now do ya think I mean really, adding on £K's for just shifting it 25 miles up the road ....

Fair or foul ? :shock:

Well if you want it - at least you know the dealer has plenty of wriggle room in it .... :eek
Why do I persist in debating with idiots ? I really should know better :)

Garry.L
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Wanna get rich fast ? - Here's how ....

#2 PostAuthor: Garry.L » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:54 pm

I sold this restored UK H1A to a dealer around 18 months for £7.5k.....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kawasaki-Mac ... Swi8xaODMS :shock:
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Andrew_s
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#3 PostAuthor: Andrew_s » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:01 pm

Charlie wrote:I spotted this bike for sale a week or so back on Ebay at £3500 on a classified sale....HERE I recalled the mag article about it and was half-toying with the idea of buying it. I do like different.

Until today that is lol ....

I get dealers need to make money - but surely this is one of the bigger piss takes of the modern era ? HOW much now do ya think I mean really, adding on £K's for just shifting it 25 miles up the road ....

Fair or foul ? :shock:

Well if you want it - at least you know the dealer has plenty of wriggle room in it .... :eek

Funny that, no mention of the Yoshi parts (or stickers) used either........... :lol:
Current Bikes:
Phil Churchett's 1976 Z900 A4: PRE 2R https://www.flickr.com/photos/115740825@N05/albums/72157680116996884
1973 XL250 K0 Motosport: UKX 73L
2023 R1250 GSA
Previous Zeds: Z750B1 Twin, Z650B1, Z750E

Andrew_s
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#4 PostAuthor: Andrew_s » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:05 pm

Garry.L wrote:I sold this restored UK H1A to a dealer around 18 months for £7.5k.....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kawasaki-Mac ... Swi8xaODMS :shock:

An old departed mate of mine used to say 'where classics are concerned, you never pay too much, but you can buy it too soon'......... :lol:
Current Bikes:
Phil Churchett's 1976 Z900 A4: PRE 2R https://www.flickr.com/photos/115740825@N05/albums/72157680116996884
1973 XL250 K0 Motosport: UKX 73L
2023 R1250 GSA
Previous Zeds: Z750B1 Twin, Z650B1, Z750E

Ultim8pc
Hardcore
Hardcore

#5 PostAuthor: Ultim8pc » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:35 pm

Dealers run as a business to make money. If they see something they think they can sell and make a tidy profit then they'll be on it.
Dealer prices will always be a lot higher than private. And if you sell a bike for a price your happy with, you can't really complain if the buyer sells it for more.
If a bike's not worth what a dealer is asking, it won't sell - just like the £15K Rex that has been unsold at Roy Jervis for 18 months now.
http://www.airevalleyclassics.co.uk
10% discount code Z1OCTEN
Keyster rebuild kits & carburettor spares - airscrews, jets, needles, starter plungers & gaskets.
Also petrol/ethanol proof float bowl gaskets. IMD pistons preferred seller.

Garry.L
Hardcore
Hardcore

#6 PostAuthor: Garry.L » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:21 pm

Ultim8pc wrote:Dealers run as a business to make money. If they see something they think they can sell and make a tidy profit then they'll be on it.
Dealer prices will always be a lot higher than private. And if you sell a bike for a price your happy with, you can't really complain if the buyer sells it for more.
If a bike's not worth what a dealer is asking, it won't sell - just like the £15K Rex that has been unsold at Roy Jervis for 18 months now.

Agreed. I've sold a couple of bikes to dealers and got the price I wanted (or very near). What they then go on to advertise (or sell) them at is their business. The H1A I linked above has been for sale for several months and was actually £15K when it was first listed.
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

davejames
ZedHead
ZedHead

#7 PostAuthor: davejames » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:08 pm

Garry.L wrote:
Ultim8pc wrote:Dealers run as a business to make money. If they see something they think they can sell and make a tidy profit then they'll be on it.

Agreed. I've sold a couple of bikes to dealers and got the price I wanted (or very near). What they then go on to advertise (or sell) them at is their business. The H1A I linked above has been for sale for several months and was actually £15K when it was first listed.

Very poor feedback for them too, I would entertain buying anything of a dealer or anyone with that bad feedback.
Feng shui................my arse

Return to “The Bottom Shed”