Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

great sealant

Talk about all your non-Zed or even Kawasaki bikes here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

dave cullen
Hardcore
Hardcore

great sealant

#1 PostAuthor: dave cullen » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:21 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RE7_c2YKzo

Just for those of us who do a bit of DIY now and then, especially leaky garages etc, this stuff really is amazing especially on wet applications, bond strength is quite incredible as well, I hung up some brackets on a wall for a planter and they defy removal!

Around £11-12 a tube on ebay
Z900A4 Z1000A1 Z1100R

moizeau
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Re: great sealant

#2 PostAuthor: moizeau » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:34 pm

Have you read the comments underneath, even the company that posted the video says it's a waste of money in the replies.
Pete

dave cullen
Hardcore
Hardcore

#3 PostAuthor: dave cullen » Sat May 01, 2021 8:43 am

moizeau wrote:Have you read the comments underneath, even the company that posted the video says it's a waste of money in the replies.

I prefer to make my own judgement based on using the product, I have the clear one and it does dry clear, not cloudy, when you have water peeing out a pipe joint and this stops it dead in tracks, that works for me, also it doesn't go hard in the tube if you leave the top off, you get what you pay for IMHO
Z900A4 Z1000A1 Z1100R

Skid Mark
100Club
100Club

#4 PostAuthor: Skid Mark » Sat May 01, 2021 12:54 pm

I've used this product and Tec7 quite a bit.
They are both far superior to silicone and mastic type sealants. They are sealants and adhesives. If you do have to go back and break a joint for any reason they are a pain to release. Best bet is to get a thin blade and cut the material if there is enough space.
Preparation is the key. You can't seal anything if its covered in Sh1te!

steve452
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#5 PostAuthor: steve452 » Sat May 01, 2021 9:15 pm

CT1 has been holding our massive garden mirror to the garage wall for the last 2 years. It was fitted by our landscaper who swears by the stuff and uses it to bond shitloads of different things.

We've also used it ourselves and it's the DB's.

As Skid Mark says, preparation is the key. Do that properly and the stuff is brilliant.
Z1-B, 400bhp ZX1000NGF

90% of questions that begin "Why..." can be answered with "Because people are stupid."

dave cullen
Hardcore
Hardcore

#6 PostAuthor: dave cullen » Sun May 02, 2021 9:24 am

:lol:
steve452 wrote:CT1 has been holding our massive garden mirror to the garage wall for the last 2 years. It was fitted by our landscaper who swears by the stuff and uses it to bond shitloads of different things.

We've also used it ourselves and it's the DB's.

As Skid Mark says, preparation is the key. Do that properly and the stuff is brilliant.
Z900A4 Z1000A1 Z1100R

Return to “The Bottom Shed”