Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Lazy Sunday Afternoon..... Staffordshire Style

Pictures if you've gone for a nice run out and Zed spotting.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

pertonpc
ZedHead
ZedHead

Lazy Sunday Afternoon..... Staffordshire Style

#1 PostAuthor: pertonpc » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:01 am

Made the most of the weather this Sunday and got out and about over Cannock Chase, Blithfield Reservoir and found a nice country pub for a bite to eat - in a little village called Salt.
All very nice and I now got a million dead flies to clean off the bike - oh well it was worth it!! The pub even does outdoor pizza making with a brick oven in the beer garden - never seen that before :!:
www.hollybushinn.co.uk
Here's a couple of pics to remind the foreign members what it's like over here on a decent summer's day. Cheers from Mark

Al
Hardcore
Hardcore

#2 PostAuthor: Al » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:31 am

Looks like a great way to spend the day Mark. I would have swopped you for digging a trench by hand to put a new water pipe in to the house below the concrete and crazy paving drive at home.

AL

paul doran
Area Rep.
Area Rep.

#3 PostAuthor: paul doran » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:13 pm

nice 650 and a decent looking pub too
way too many Zeds

pertonpc
ZedHead
ZedHead

#4 PostAuthor: pertonpc » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:02 pm

Cheers Guys,

Al - I've been re-laying a patio and digging out stray bamboo roots (which are flipping stubborn little beggars) over the last few days. But the forecast on Sunday was the best for several days - and my brother had the day off so I got a work release permit off Mrs. Perton on account of good behaviour and I'm taking her to Rome next week.

Paul - This pub was a genuine find and I got tipped off about it by my MOT tester who lives nearby. I think it could be worth a visit for anyone coming to the Stafford Show as it's really nearby. Let me know if you are up for it.

tlc
Hardcore
Hardcore

#5 PostAuthor: tlc » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:10 pm

That`s a really nice 650 Mark.
Asphalt Cowboy Z1100R, 1981 Z1000J

paul doran
Area Rep.
Area Rep.

#6 PostAuthor: paul doran » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:55 pm

pertonpc wrote:Cheers Guys,

Al - I've been re-laying a patio and digging out stray bamboo roots (which are flipping stubborn little beggars) over the last few days. But the forecast on Sunday was the best for several days - and my brother had the day off so I got a work release permit off Mrs. Perton on account of good behaviour and I'm taking her to Rome next week.

Paul - This pub was a genuine find and I got tipped off about it by my MOT tester who lives nearby. I think it could be worth a visit for anyone coming to the Stafford Show as it's really nearby. Let me know if you are up for it.

sounds good to Me
way too many Zeds

GUYZED
Area Rep.
Area Rep.

#7 PostAuthor: GUYZED » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:00 pm

Love your 650 Mark...the pub looks a cracker with all the flowers outside.
OLD ZED'S NEVER DIE THEY JUST GO FASTER...
Z1000A2 Z650B1

kas750
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#8 PostAuthor: kas750 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:31 pm

Beautiful pics and bike Mark :D :D ...the z650 is criminally undervalued in this z1 obsessed world...i wish i still had mine... :(

pertonpc
ZedHead
ZedHead

#9 PostAuthor: pertonpc » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:42 pm

Me too Adrian,
it would have been lovely to get yours, mine and Steve's and any other stock examples lurking on here to one venue at the same time - perhaps we should start a thread and do a virtual 650 meet on here :?: :?:
... if the triples guys can do it, why oh why can't we (last bit sung in a wizard of OZ style)

Return to “Out and About”