Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

To Sorn or to salt ?

Pictures if you've gone for a nice run out and Zed spotting.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

RogerJ
100Club
100Club

To Sorn or to salt ?

#1 PostAuthor: RogerJ » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:44 pm

Its getting late in the biking calendar, and the tax on the Z runs out at the end of the month. The suns been out (rare in the Welsh hills at the moment) so time for what may be a last ride of the year in the Z. So I had a great ride from Llanidloes to Rhayader on the A470, across to Llandrindod Wells on the A44, up the wonderful A483 to Newtown and back home. 50+ miles of great fun. Also had to empty the stable when I got back to have a bit of a sort out, so a quick photo shoot while the sun still shone.

Great day, but I am not going to use it once the salt gets down (unlike last year :roll: ) so only 6 more days then its off the road until spring.
Roger

Ex Fat Rabbit

andyb1962
ZedHead
ZedHead

#2 PostAuthor: andyb1962 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:51 pm

did the 483 newtown road once on aride down to brecon on a tdm 850 awesome.
my tax runs out on monday its getting sorned!
Andy :wink:

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didnt exist"

redzee
100Club
100Club

#3 PostAuthor: redzee » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:47 pm

I lived in Newtown a few years ago and have to agree about the great roads in the area. My fave is the run from Lydham to Craven Arms just over the border in England (just). Also over the top of Clywedog/Staylittle to Machynlleth. :)
Eight valve grunt.
Remember, growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

Z1000J3, RD350(1973), RD250E, TZR250 2MA YPVS

RogerJ
100Club
100Club

#4 PostAuthor: RogerJ » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:30 am

redzee wrote:I lived in Newtown a few years ago and have to agree about the great roads in the area. My fave is the run from Lydham to Craven Arms just over the border in England (just). Also over the top of Clywedog/Staylittle to Machynlleth. :)

Hi rezee

Yep, great road from Lydham to Craven Arms (A489).

The Clywedog / Staylittle road (B4518) from Llanidloes, just at the end of the road I live on, is brilliant, just one fantastic bend after another (and stunning scenery) but best to turn off it just after Staylittle and take the turning left on a C road that goes through Dylife all the way to Machynlleth. Good road surface, more fantastic bends, long straights mostly through remote open mountain roads. Love it.Rode it with a couple of police riders on my IAM last week. Fast buggers they were too.
Roger

Ex Fat Rabbit

onall4

#5 PostAuthor: onall4 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:57 pm

Nice bunch of bikes you have there. That's the best shot of the new Speed Triple I've seen so far.

Oh, by the way....sorn the Z

RogerJ
100Club
100Club

#6 PostAuthor: RogerJ » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:14 pm

That's the best shot of the new Speed Triple I've seen so far.

Oh, by the way....sorn the Z[/quote]

Just sorned the zed :cry: but there are lots of jobs to do on it (wheel rims rechromed, spongey brakes to sort and shite tickover.

As for the triple, glad you like it. I had taken of the huge silencers and fitted the new Mivv Suono the day before. Its actually quieter than the standad upto about 3000, then not so quiet upto 10k. Looks much better too. Comes EU stamped, with a certificate and a credit card thing with its conformity on it. But I bet the Welsh plods still take issue with it.
Oh well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYC5WcU1kuE
Roger

Ex Fat Rabbit

onall4

#7 PostAuthor: onall4 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:18 am

RogerJ wrote:That's the best shot of the new Speed Triple I've seen so far.

Oh, by the way....sorn the Z

Just sorned the zed :cry: but there are lots of jobs to do on it (wheel rims rechromed, spongey brakes to sort and shite tickover.

As for the triple, glad you like it. I had taken of the huge silencers and fitted the new Mivv Suono the day before. Its actually quieter than the standad upto about 3000, then not so quiet upto 10k. Looks much better too. Comes EU stamped, with a certificate and a credit card thing with its conformity on it. But I bet the Welsh plods still take issue with it.
Oh well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYC5WcU1kuE[/quote]
My Z1b has shite tickover to, I think it's to rich on 2 and 4. She's been put away for the last few years so I'll sort it out when I get the room to get her out.
I have a 09 Speed Triple, must say I didn't like the headlights on the new bike at first but they are growing on me, it helps with the mini fairing and screen.

Return to “Out and About”