Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

TT 2012

Pictures if you've gone for a nice run out and Zed spotting.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

Big Fluff
Hardcore
Hardcore

TT 2012

#1 PostAuthor: Big Fluff » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:41 pm

Well it was a 'moist' time I had at the Isle of Man this year (which was just like last year). :storm
On the Monday though, the sun was so strong I got a little sun burnt and looked like Simon Weston the next day! :beam

On Monday evening, Allen Millyard turned up on his V10 8 litre bike. Whilst I appreciate his engineering skills and knowledge, as soon as the attention was turned from him he didn't like it one bit. Though polite, he's a very self centred man with little time for anyone else but himself.

On Tuesday, me and my buddy Rob decided to ride the entire coast road of the Island. However, the weather was so bad that we were down to 40 yard visibility and in 2nd gear at the most. We had to abandon the trip 3/4 around the Island. :(

Here's a few pics and a video of the bike for now..... I'll post some general TT pice tomorrow.

All the best... Will.

Here's the video folks
http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s1/bigfluff_01/?action=view&current=P1050395-1.mp4
Kawasaki GPz750T, Kawasaki ZRX1100R, Kawasaki GPZ1000RX, H**** VF1000RG Rothmans, H**** VF500F2F, H**** CB1100RD, Suzuki GSX1100EFE, H**** XL125K2

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#2 PostAuthor: Pigford » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:46 pm

Nice bit of vid - and I agree with your sentiments about his creations - great engineer, but they don't float my boat :??
And on the 7th day... Zeds were created!

Nosher903
100Club
100Club

#3 PostAuthor: Nosher903 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:57 pm

Those V10s sound odd same as those 5 cylinder Audis and Mercedes. In fact, I'd go so far as to say they sound horrible. To sound nice, a V motor has to be 2,4,6,8,12, or 16. I never liked the sound of the V10 GP cars.
Z1b, GPZ900r, XJR1300

Rhencullen
100Club
100Club

#4 PostAuthor: Rhencullen » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:52 pm

The TT is a mecca for motorcyclists, and it's been discussed on other forums I frequent as well as here. I always recommend viewing from Ginger Hall, and then using a small scenic track ( called Tholt-y-Will ) that runs up to The Bungalow to see the second race.

Someone did just that, and stopped to take a photo of the view overlooking Sulby Reservoir

which brings back happy memories from when I was there with my first 900R in 1991

He got the sunshine though :) Hope you had a great time :D

paul doran
Area Rep.
Area Rep.

#5 PostAuthor: paul doran » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:32 am

nice GPZ too
way too many Zeds

Bill Newman
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#6 PostAuthor: Bill Newman » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:51 am

[quote="Rhencullen"]The TT is a mecca for motorcyclists, and it's been discussed on other forums I frequent as well as here. I always recommend viewing from Ginger Hall, and then using a small scenic track ( called Tholt-y-Will ) that runs up to The Bungalow to see the second race.

Reading your comment, I could not agree more with the choice of viewing although I did it in reverse - Bungalow first and Ginger Hall second - I was staying there at this years TT and seeing your picture this morning has prompted me to put up a few pictures taken last week on a new thread.

pignog
100Club
100Club

#7 PostAuthor: pignog » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:37 pm

I went this year from Mon to Weds and got soaked over the mountain, didn't go above 40mph :oops:
Very foggy, which was a coincidence as I didn't go on the Z900, but my Ducati :o
We watche weds from Gorse Lea, excellent :D

Return to “Out and About”