Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

KZ650 The Movie **Out Now**

Pictures if you've gone for a nice run out and Zed spotting.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

pertonpc
ZedHead
ZedHead

#31 PostAuthor: pertonpc » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:17 pm

Ok Steve,
That's interesting. So the 500 rear sprocket would not help the revvy character? cos I reckon you need less rear teeth to reduce acceleration and increase top end (have I got that right?)

Perhaps Paul swapped the front sprocket for a larger one? but I don't think there is much space to do that.
Z1-R D1, Z650 B2, Z1-B & ZRX 1200 A1P Catch 'em if you can at www.Zedrider.co.uk

irhobotolo
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#32 PostAuthor: irhobotolo » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:18 pm

pertonpc wrote:Ok Steve,
That's interesting. So the 500 rear sprocket would not help the revvy character? cos I reckon you need less rear teeth to reduce acceleration and increase top end (have I got that right?)

Perhaps Paul swapped the front sprocket for a larger one? but I don't think there is much space to do that.

Thats correct. I would have thought a smaller sprocket is needed at the back wheel for more top end speed and slower acceleration. Maybe my KH doesnt have the original sprocket, never realy thought to check it before.
What the 650 badly needs is a 6th gear to bring the revs down.

Return to “Out and About”