Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

First Ride

Pictures if you've gone for a nice run out and Zed spotting.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

davejames
ZedHead
ZedHead

Re: First Ride

#16 PostAuthor: davejames » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:21 pm

Andrew, DVLA shows your old Zed as sorned and last MOT expired April 2012.
Feng shui................my arse

ANZed
100Club
100Club

#17 PostAuthor: ANZed » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:27 pm

Thank you for that Dave you have an insight to the workings of the DVLA?

Anyone on here know of Hutch, I exchange messages with Dave Cullen from time to time he knew Hutch but has not spoken to him for quite a while

davejames
ZedHead
ZedHead

#18 PostAuthor: davejames » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:53 am

Andrew, no just using open source search facilities :D You can check when tax/sorn are due and check last 10 years MOT's on line. Useful for checking that things haven't been clocked :oops:
Feng shui................my arse

Briz1
100Club
100Club

#19 PostAuthor: Briz1 » Thu May 11, 2017 7:08 am

20170506_152106.jpg

Mines got a Harris 4 in to 1 which was on it when I bought it. Yes I know the seat's hideous and has to go but it was shipped in from Denver...American taste!! The missus loves it though as it's so comfy...The bikes no where near concours and never will be but I'm not scared to ride it. I would like that wine red one though... just to look at in the garage.
Blessed are the Zed Makers

ANZed
100Club
100Club

#20 PostAuthor: ANZed » Thu May 11, 2017 9:53 am

Briz1 wrote:20170506_152106.jpg

Mines got a Harris 4 in to 1 which was on it when I bought it. Yes I know the seat's hideous and has to go but it was shipped in from Denver...American taste!! The missus loves it though as it's so comfy...The bikes no where near concours and never will be but I'm not scared to ride it. I would like that wine red one though... just to look at in the garage.

Briz

I do like look of your Harris it looks a lot like a V&H, but as with any 4x1 it in my opinion leaves the nearside of the bike looking a bit naked, I am now considering having a local guy make me a 1 off close replica of the original 4x2 system in stainless (with less baffling for more noise) downsides are the cost and he needs my bike with the original system for 2 or 3 weeks,might have to wait till October, my priority is to preserve the original complete system.
I don't intend this bike to be hidden away in the garage I will be riding it on nice days, although its only done 6000 miles and not been restored I hope with careful ownership the bike will not suffer much deterioration or require any major restoration and will do no more than age gracefully.
Last edited by ANZed on Fri May 12, 2017 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Briz1
100Club
100Club

#21 PostAuthor: Briz1 » Thu May 11, 2017 6:32 pm

Fair play....we've got to ride them...good luck with that exhaust. :D
Blessed are the Zed Makers

Return to “Out and About”