Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Donington Endurance 2018

Pictures if you've gone for a nice run out and Zed spotting.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

sanderz
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Donington Endurance 2018

#1 PostAuthor: sanderz » Mon May 14, 2018 9:51 pm

Could only manage a Sunday daytrip to this event (will have to try the full weekend some time) but a great day.
Good to catch up with those I spoke to and have the craic, chew the cud and put the world to rights.
I'll keep the pics Zed related but these give an idea of what was there.
Attachments
Don 40.JPG
Don 41.JPG
Don 42.JPG
Don 43.JPG
Don 39.JPG
Don 38.JPG
Wots up DOHC

pignog
100Club
100Club

Re: Donington Endurance 2018

#2 PostAuthor: pignog » Tue May 15, 2018 7:10 am

Yes, it was a great weekend, and the sun shone all day. The track sessions were interesting on a 41yr old bike, that wasn't really built for thrashing round a track, but good fun none the less.
It was good to meet several Z1 owners club members, and thanks to Al for his advice and letting me leave my rucksack in his van.
MCN web site has lots of pictures of the 4hr endurance race, and also the Suzuki tent. There was some fantastic bikes there, and a visit is a must for any pre 95 bike aficionados. :D

martinz1000r
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#3 PostAuthor: martinz1000r » Tue May 15, 2018 2:36 pm

My Croz replica ran the entire weekend without incident or failure which is amazing. Shame it's so damn loud as i'd love to use it more often. Even managed to start on the kick start as i forgot the foot switch for my rollers.
Z1000R, Moto Martin GPz, z900 A4 Crosby Replica, Harris Magnum 2, Suzuki GSXR 1100 Slabbie, SP1 Hoonda x 2, Katana 1100, Bimota SB6R and Tuatara

Al
Hardcore
Hardcore

#4 PostAuthor: Al » Tue May 15, 2018 9:57 pm

The real endurance prize should have gone to Mark GPz 592 for that weekend. He brought a KH 400 up with him in the van Friday evening. Left the van + Peckett and Mcnabb locked in the car park, drove the little KH back to West Sussex in the pouring rain Saturday night for a family party and back again Sunday morning and was on track for sessions in the afternoon and pissed past everyone like they were broken down. :ghostface

AL
1981 J1

Return to “Out and About”