Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Ride around Southsea & Fareham

Pictures if you've gone for a nice run out and Zed spotting.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

z2.john
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Re: Ride around Southsea & Fareham

#16 PostAuthor: z2.john » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:07 am

Pigford wrote: What about the little Gosport - Pompey ferry..... great fun and less than a quid!

Do you remember 'Docker Hughes' in the 1980's standing for Parliament pledging to introduce Duty Free on the Portsmouth to Gosport ferry :lol:

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#17 PostAuthor: Pigford » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:32 am

z2.john wrote:
Pigford wrote: What about the little Gosport - Pompey ferry..... great fun and less than a quid!

Do you remember 'Docker Hughes' in the 1980's standing for Parliament pledging to introduce Duty Free on the Portsmouth to Gosport ferry :lol:

Yes - I had the "657" number on my Harris....... not that I'm a football fan!
And on the 7th day... Zeds were created!

pablo
100Club
100Club

#18 PostAuthor: pablo » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:37 pm

Bloody hell, I lived in Southsea for years: Victoria Road South.

The Zed I still have was knocked over when parked by a Pompey girl in a white Golf drop-head outside the Wine Vaults on Albert Rd in 1998.

Insurance wrote it off for more than I paid for it, I bought it back and MOTed it, got a free bike :-)
1976 z900 A4 -- Now, with a little help from Wiseco and Steve Debben, it's a 1048 with rs34 flatsides

jonhunt
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#19 PostAuthor: jonhunt » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:59 pm

The ferry stopped at midnight.
First time I went on it I think it was 3d. Most of the time you see on deck as the old boats only had a small cabin below decks

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#20 PostAuthor: Pigford » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:30 pm

pablo wrote:Bloody hell, I lived in Southsea for years: Victoria Road South.

The Zed I still have was knocked over when parked by a Pompey girl in a white Golf drop-head outside the Wine Vaults on Albert Rd in 1998.

Insurance wrote it off for more than I paid for it, I bought it back and MOTed it, got a free bike :-)

Wine vaults is (was) still going! My best mates older Bro spent an inordinate amount of time in there during the 1990's, so much so he ended up as the "minesweeper" for the place!

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... nesweeping

pablo
100Club
100Club

#21 PostAuthor: pablo » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:32 pm

Wine vaults is (was) still going! My best mates older Bro spent an inordinate amount of time in there during the 1990's, so much so he ended up as the "minesweeper" for the place!

Spent too much time in there myself in those days! What was your mate’s brother’s name? I probably knew him :D
1976 z900 A4 -- Now, with a little help from Wiseco and Steve Debben, it's a 1048 with rs34 flatsides

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#22 PostAuthor: Pigford » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:12 pm

pablo wrote:

Spent too much time in there myself in those days! What was your mate’s brother’s name? I probably knew him :D

Michael Hares - alias "Victor"........ large nose & glasses (beer & specs), skinny & feckin' ugly, used to have a GT250 back in the day!!!

pablo
100Club
100Club

#23 PostAuthor: pablo » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:25 pm

Pigford wrote:
pablo wrote:

Michael Hares - alias "Victor"........ large nose & glasses (beer & specs), skinny & feckin' ugly, used to have a GT250 back in the day!!!

Bloody hell! I do remember him! Didn’t talk much, as I recall.

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#24 PostAuthor: Pigford » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:18 am

pablo wrote:
Pigford wrote:
pablo wrote:

Bloody hell! I do remember him! Didn’t talk much, as I recall.

He didn't have a lot to say of much interest - he had a "screw loose" :lol:

He's my best mates big Bruv! He had a Mini GT1275 for a while and there were 5 of us in it one day.... We headed into Fareham town and he drove us to park at the back of the Sovereign pub (behind the library) - there was a big THUD and we slammed to a stop! His sump hit a fold-down post and shattered, leaving all it's contents on the floor!

Return to “Out and About”