Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Float

Post all your wanted ads here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

newz1owner
Regular Poster

Float

#1 PostAuthor: newz1owner » Sun May 26, 2024 8:20 pm

Good Evening,

I am after a float for my carburettors for my Z1A. The O.E number is 16031-031 or Suzuki 13252-43010-000 when inserting the pin it was very tight. At first I thought the posts had been mis-aligned however, I discovered the brass section where the pin slides into is oval and not round hence, the problem.

I could try and drill it out but this will complicate the issue. I don't wish to spend the current amount on a genuine one, if a member of the club could help me out please.

Kind regards,
Mark.

gray
100Club
100Club

Re: Float

#2 PostAuthor: gray » Tue May 28, 2024 6:22 pm

so the float part is OK , its just the curved folded brass part that the float pivot pin slides into.
If you clamped the brass plate that bridges the 2 floats , to hold it steady with a Mole grips and then put the mole grips in a vice, then use tiny drill bits ( using the blunt end) or little round nails to slowly work the ovality out of the pivot hole that should work. If it works out to be marginally looser than it was before that would be better than it is now, and would have negligible effect on the final fuel height achieved in the float bowl
gray

newz1owner
Regular Poster

#3 PostAuthor: newz1owner » Thu May 30, 2024 1:53 pm

gray wrote:so the float part is OK , its just the curved folded brass part that the float pivot pin slides into.
If you clamped the brass plate that bridges the 2 floats , to hold it steady with a Mole grips and then put the mole grips in a vice, then use tiny drill bits ( using the blunt end) or little round nails to slowly work the ovality out of the pivot hole that should work. If it works out to be marginally looser than it was before that would be better than it is now, and would have negligible effect on the final fuel height achieved in the float bowl

Hi Gray,
Yes, the plastic float bowls themselves are alright and yes, it is the curved brass part which is faulty. (Well oval) I agree with your comments and I could do that, if I have no other option. However, if I can another one just in case, I would prefer to go down that route.

But thanks for suggestion.

Kind regards,

Mark.

gray
100Club
100Club

#4 PostAuthor: gray » Thu May 30, 2024 6:41 pm

Fair enough. Have you tried John Browse for a second hand one?
gray

Return to “Wanted Adz”