Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Wanted Z1000 G1 Parts

Post all your wanted ads here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

Roger Hill
100Club
100Club

Wanted Z1000 G1 Parts

#1 PostAuthor: Roger Hill » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:36 pm

I bought the Z1000 G1 or Z1 Classic Fuel Injection from DK the other week.
I know it's a long shot but worth an ask .
I am after a cylinder head,
1015 block,
Tank,
LH side cover
chrome plated alternator cover and sprocket cover,
high bars ,
clutch lever holder (perch)
4 into 2 exhaust.
I have not pulled down the top end yet but it has freed off with a drop of diesel down the plug holes and kicks over freely now.I know most of you would just throw away the injection system and fit carbs and it may come to that but I thought I would give it a go first as it is quite a rare beast as they only did two or three thousand of them. Any one out there that has or has had 1000 h or G1 please let me know how you went on.
If I get it on the road it will give the Z1R riders something to take the pi** out of .
Ta
Roger Hill

ted1r
Area Rep.
Area Rep.

#2 PostAuthor: ted1r » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:38 pm

Wrong there matey .Its a bike I would have so I wont be takin the urine out of you ,good luck with the resto and lets see some piccys.

Ted
"Work this is why I did it"

KE250
KZ1200
Puch Maxi
Be careful with Pensions :e
and me ol Granada

Roger Hill
100Club
100Club

#3 PostAuthor: Roger Hill » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:27 pm

Here is the beast .I saw it and thought that it might make a project and if not it was not a bad selection of parts. I was out when the auction ended and was surprised that I had won it for with my first bid as I had bid a tad more. I know some of the guys on here may have had snags with DK but I can only speak as I find .They were very professional I picked it up less than 18 hours after the close of the auction and it was ready for me when I got there with all the paperwork sorted.They were really helpful .Further to this they had found the original American reg doc and gave it me along with the phone number of a great guy called Geoff from down south who had left his number with them as he has G1 and a few parts . Geoff has very generously sent me bound copies of the Injection manual and the workshop manual supplement for the bike .The bike is in quite good condition apart from the damaged parts and has unseized after a drop of diesel was put down the plug holes. As a further bonus It came with a genuine key fob and an oil cooler kit.So I will try to get it sorted .I was quite amazed to find that the injection system is very similar to the Bosch Ltronic system used on the old BMW K100 motors.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350729178543; ... 26_rdc%3D1
Last edited by Roger Hill on Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gus
Hardcore
Hardcore

#4 PostAuthor: Gus » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:57 pm

Hi Roger, congrat's on the purchase.

Should be a really good project.

Can you tell us more about the BMW K100 set up?

Cheers

Gus
"Set the GRINDER on it"

Hobbo
International Rep

yo

#5 PostAuthor: Hobbo » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:25 pm

Roger

Evening budd think since you retired you have too much time and money on ya hands :lol: :lol:

All the best

phil
Never Dull in Hull Watch no 31

International Rep

jphaynes669
ZedHead
ZedHead

#6 PostAuthor: jphaynes669 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:13 pm

Fair play to you mate..crack on and all the best. :wink:
Jeff.H

z1000puddin
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#7 PostAuthor: z1000puddin » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:16 pm

Roger

I have a set of high bars from a 1978 ltd 1000.

Not sure if they are the same though.

Stu
Zed til Dead

Roger Hill
100Club
100Club

#8 PostAuthor: Roger Hill » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:04 pm

First up
apologies to Taffus,tlc and GB I appear to have hi jacked my
own thread if you guys think it should be moved that's fine .
I worked on BMW's from the early 1970s until last year and have always thought that they used this system first on a bike but I was wrong .The K100's did not arrive until 1883. Kawasaki used it on the Z1000H and the KZ/Z1000 G1 Z1 Classic Fuel Injection in 1980.The two systems are virtually identical in operation .The Kawasaki uses Mikuni throttle bank made in Japan the BMW uses ones made by Bing in Germany.The Kawasaki system must be in conjunction with Bosch as it is so similar that Bosch would have not been very happy .The only difference is that the Bosch/BMW uses a water temp sensor in the block .The Kawasaki uses a head temp sensor .The Bosch /BMW system is an old car system from the 1970's that uses a paddle in the back of the air box that has a potentiometer attached to it and as the engine sucks more air in so the paddle is pulled further round this measurement is the main thing that is used to adjust the injection duration the other variables being air temp,block temp,altitude/air density and throttle body position.There are a few other odds and ends as well like a signal supplied by the ignition module this was call the TD signal on the Bosch/BMW system and told the Injection E.C.U what speed the engine was turning.There is a timer circuit to control the fuel pump so that it stops pumping if there is no TD signal i.e.. the engine has stopped and does not need fuel.
Evening Hobbo I have got that set of Z1R carbs I had from you as plan B if the injection is past it .
Me and the better half had "One of those years"with a few health issues and a few losses as well in the family but are getting sorted now.
I am hoping to have some quality time out on the bikes this summer (if we have one )
Puddin
I will measure the height /width of the bars and let you know.
Ta to everyone who has contacted me.

z1bman
Hardcore
Hardcore

#9 PostAuthor: z1bman » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:13 pm

the damage to the head + cylinder can be easily be repaired by a good aluminium welder

Roger Hill
100Club
100Club

#10 PostAuthor: Roger Hill » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:28 pm

That was another option I was thinking about as the head is painted black so would help .I hope to have a better look at the bike shortly to decide if it is going to be an Injection or carb model.

Return to “Wanted Adz”