Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Z1 A / z1B Tank

Post all your wanted ads here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Hobbo
International Rep

Z1 A / z1B Tank

#1 PostAuthor: Hobbo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:34 pm

Guyzz

As title says anyone got a zed tank not bothered what colour as long as it's not battered and rusty , mine has a couple of pin pricks leaks and getting bike sprayed so want another tank just in case a repair is not succe9

Cheers

Phil
Never Dull in Hull Watch no 31

International Rep

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Z1 A / z1B Tank

#2 PostAuthor: Philippe » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:47 pm

Hi Phil
Sorry to read that your fuel tank has punctures. :cry:
But do you need a fuel tank for a Z1A or for a Z1B ?
If I'm correctly informed, the fuel tank of a Z1A is a bit smaller and contains about 1 liter less . Its allso smaller on the back end ( compared with a Z1 or Z1B tank) where it meets the saddle.
If anyone should have other information about the dimensions to correct me, please do, I'm allways ready to learn and to improve my knowledge.
If you don't find a replacement fuel tank, you can allways try to use the fuel tank sealer from Restom, a French brand.
When I nearly finished the restoration of my Z1300 and I putted fuel in the tank the paint started to come off at the bottom.
I covered the inside with the Restom kit and the holes were cured. It's better to use the kit before the tank is sprayed. Just an idea...you never know.
Greetings
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

Return to “Wanted Adz”