Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Turbo pistons

Post all your wanted ads here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Mick J
Regular Poster

Turbo pistons

#1 PostAuthor: Mick J » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:24 am

Does anyone have a set of low compression forged pistons for sale suitable for a supercharger project? I have z900 and z1000 barrels so bore size isn't a problem. I also need a MK11 or ST alternator cover, alternator rotor, rotor bolt, alternator, starter clutch, the casing behind the engine sprocket from a z9 or z1000, what would be ideal is if someone has broken an engine and has got odds and sods left over, as I have bought an ST engine as a donor, but breakers being breakers, all the ancillaries have been removed. Thanks. Mick

zed1015
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Turbo pistons

#2 PostAuthor: zed1015 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:35 pm

If you are using the ST cases, the case behind the engine sprocket also needs to be from a MK2 as it is a slightly different shape and bolt pattern to the normal Z9/Z1000.
Also if you don't source a set of low comp pistons you could always fit a barrel spacer or 10 to 1 Wiseco's with a later J head which would drop the comp 2 points to where you need to be and get bigger valves in with the deal.
What blower are you going to use ? your previous post in the distant past stated you have a Magna charger drive but no charger and thinking of an Eaton m24 which is too small as is an M45.
Minimum Eaton you need is M62 with M90 or M112 being ideal.

Z1parR
Hardcore
Hardcore

#3 PostAuthor: Z1parR » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:59 pm

Hi Mick , i have a MK11 alternator casing ,and the casing behind the sprocket , i'm sure that i've got a rotor and possibly the starter clutch .
Also got a unitrac complete head and cams :up
0172 . Geoff Parr

Mick J
Regular Poster

#4 PostAuthor: Mick J » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:44 am

Thanks to you both for replying and for the information. The blower is an opcon autorotor, positive displacement. I bought a toyota sc12 but its physically too big to get in without major surgery and the opcon is far superior all round, it takes less power to drive and is far more thermally efficient, although it will have to turn around twice engine speed. I have the option of using the ST cases and boring them to take the larger output shaft bearing or I have a z900 bottom end and also a set of z1000A1 crankcases. I am off away for 3 nights, but will be in touch when I get back and I'm definitely interested in any bits you have available, cheers, Mick

zed1015
Hardcore
Hardcore

#5 PostAuthor: zed1015 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:50 pm

The Opcon twin screw is a good choice but you need to keep its max rpms between 15k and 17k so probably closer to 1.5 times engine speed would be better for it to last.
What larger output shaft are you referring to.
The ST case takes any Z900/Z1000 gear cluster without modification and also a 'J'/GPZ box with an output shaft bearing conversion kit.
No case boring required.
I would use the earlier 900 or 1000 cases for an easy life though as the bearing cover for behind the sprocket is more plentiful and the ST case needs a few MK2 selector parts also to complete the chain conversion.

Mick J
Regular Poster

#6 PostAuthor: Mick J » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:27 pm

Regarding boring the casings, I was remembering back to an ST that I converted to chain drive many years ago, but that used a GPz1100 gear box, all info was supplied at the time by a very helpful Ray Debben. Thanks for the information as I am rather rusty on my Zed knowledge and I didn't realise the output shaft diameter was the same for the chaindrive bearing

Return to “Wanted Adz”