Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Ultrasonic cleaner

Post all your wanted ads here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Captain Custard
Regular Poster

Ultrasonic cleaner

#1 PostAuthor: Captain Custard » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:24 pm

I could do with some help please.

I'm looking to get myself an ultrasonic cleaner with a heater and looking on eBay there are thousands, most of them Chinese.

It needs to be big enough for items such as carbs and ideally with a heater so 3 litre size maybe?

Does any one have something to sell? or a recommendation.

I'd be interested to know which fluids have proved to be good for alloy motorbike parts.

Thanks for any help.
Last edited by Captain Custard on Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Honesty is a very expensive gift. Do not expect it from cheap people ". Warren Buffet on Expectation

Ginger Bear
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Ultrasonic cleaner

#2 PostAuthor: Ginger Bear » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:25 pm

I have one of these;

https://walkerelectronics.co.uk/shop/ul ... -baths/qc/

Not cheap & only big enough to get one carb in, but I've always had good results using this stuff;

https://mistralie.co.uk/collections/ult ... hine-parts

# 104

Phil Churchett Award Winner 2011 & 2016 :D
Buzzworkz Best Modified Zed 2016

kev edwards
Hardcore
Hardcore

#3 PostAuthor: kev edwards » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:54 pm

I have one of the Chinese ones with the two dials 3 litre, dirt cheap and does the job, i use Morrissons value laundry liquid in mine can't fault that either.

Charlie
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#4 PostAuthor: Charlie » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:55 am

Buy the largest one you can find. I have one of these but it is barely large enough and its supposedly nearly 3 litres.

I can get two carbs in, but it makes life easier if you can get a whole bank in there. The larger ones tend to run for longer too.

Mine runs for 8 minutes max, but it might take an hour or more to really clean the items. Make sure you get one with heat too - that does a better job.

As with most things, bigger is better and you get what you pay for. Buy the right piece of kit first time and it will repay you in efficiency. With hindsight I would say a minimum of 5 litres and more if you can afford it.

You dont need fancy fluids, a teaspoon of white vinegar or lemon juice and half a teaspoon of ordinary washing up liquid in the bath will shift almost anything.
Why do I persist in debating with idiots ? I really should know better :)

Captain Custard
Regular Poster

#5 PostAuthor: Captain Custard » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:51 pm

Thank you for your suggestions.

Looks like 3 litres or bigger is the way to go and don't waste your money on expensive fluids.

:up :up
"Honesty is a very expensive gift. Do not expect it from cheap people ". Warren Buffet on Expectation

Andy M
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#6 PostAuthor: Andy M » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:15 pm

I work in the bike trade , I use a 27 ltr machine from these people , they sell smaller ones ...

https://www.allendale-ultrasonics.co.uk ... range.html
"Be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly, and listen to others; even the dull and ignorant. They, too, have their story."

Taffus

#7 PostAuthor: Taffus » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:54 am

Andy M wrote:I work in the bike trade , I use a 27 ltr machine from these people , they sell smaller ones ...

https://www.allendale-ultrasonics.co.uk ... range.html

Whats your opinion on which medium to be used, like GB I have had good results with Mistral, not tried the "Yorkshire method"....
Had some good advice for after taking out the carb bodies from Klaus, a Norwegian firend of Bill Newman, he recommends washing the carb in petrol after cleaning then blowing out as this stops any corrosion forming

8 Valve Mark
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#8 PostAuthor: 8 Valve Mark » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:27 am

a fellow club member, Roger (guzziman56) works for a uk based company that imports and sells ultrasonic cleaners.a very nice chap n quite possibly worth speaking to.. m

Ultim8pc
Hardcore
Hardcore

#9 PostAuthor: Ultim8pc » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:03 am

When taking carbs out of the Ultrasonic cleaner, I rinse them in cold water and blow them dry with compressed air. I then give the bodies a quick spray with WD40 which stops them from getting the slight white furring which can sometime occur on the zinc based bodies.

I've had a few cleaners over the years, my current one is a chinese effort which has two rotary dials. One for time and one for temp. This has been far more reliable than the electronic one I had previously.
You don't need a big cleaner as you should strip carbs completely before cleaning anyway, but one that's big enough to get 4 bodies in or accommodate the carb mount bracket (length) is ideal.
I use some cleaner called 'ecoegg' - it's a variant of Simplygreen I think.
http://www.airevalleyclassics.co.uk
10% discount code Z1OCTEN
Keyster rebuild kits & carburettor spares - airscrews, jets, needles, starter plungers & gaskets.
Also petrol/ethanol proof float bowl gaskets. IMD pistons preferred seller.

Mr Bump
100Club
100Club

#10 PostAuthor: Mr Bump » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:34 am

You probably want at least a 6 litre one. You’ll still only get one carb at a time in but it’ll fit comfortably with a few other bits too. 3 litre will be pretty small. I recently bought a Chinese GT Sonic one. The 6 litre one with three round dials. So far I’d recommend it, works well and quite good quality. I’ve only used it about 10 times so can’t say if it’ll last for years or not.

I looked at the allendale ones - they look like GT Sonic make them for allendale, though I might be wrong. With allendale I expect you’ll get decent service and probably better quality control, and yr giving money to a British firm if you prefer thst, but at the end of the day I’m just too tight fisted, so got a GT one from Amazon. Cheap Chinese tat from amazon - naked consumerism! It works a treat though.
Olly
'In your twenties you think you are immortal, in your thirties you hope you are immortal, in your forties you just hope it doesn't hurt too much'

Lemmy

Return to “Wanted Adz”