Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

kawasaki h2c wanted

Post all your wanted ads here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Garry.L
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: kawasaki h2c wanted

#16 PostAuthor: Garry.L » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:46 pm

You don't amass a truly stunning collection like yours Malc without a LOT of hard work.

Enjoy your retirement Bud - you've earned it. :D
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

RAYZ1
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#17 PostAuthor: RAYZ1 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:27 am

marmck wrote:This is my old H2C ( 1 of only 76 imported to the UK ), Have a chat with someone who has had one , They drink petrol , eat plugs , even when set up properly they surge ( want to be thrashed ) at a constant speed . But they are a gorgeous looking bike . Had mine for 4 years , sold it 7 years ago 4 £12K so make sure as with any classic it is all correct before buying ! Good luck

Couldn’t agree more , I’ve had my h2b since 1980, since then I’ve had several h2c’s. All off the h2c’s either vibrated more ore surged worse than the C. I did have a discussion with a guy a few years back who experienced similar, he was advised by a dealer that the factory tooling was worn and barely in tolerance towards the end of the line , hence the issue . Is it true ? who knows but plausible
I still have an A,B and C irrespective of foibles still unique and stunning
My H1e is my fav for a triple blast though , rubber mounted engine , virtually no vibration ,dump the clutch from the redline and it’s perfectly controlled, thrash it through the gears to 100+, and no surging , and visually it better proportions as package, H2 proportions of engine /frame /tank a bit brutal - but it is a brute still and that’s the appeal and why I still have my one 40 years on , and it’s on the road
Good luck with your quest
yes you can have too many bikes

wilsonsjw11
Hardcore
Hardcore

#18 PostAuthor: wilsonsjw11 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:11 pm

Malc,
Enjoy you're well earned retirement and thanks again for the guided tour of your workshop a couple of years ago there are some magnificent bikes in there.
Regards Steve

Simonic
100Club
100Club

#19 PostAuthor: Simonic » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:36 am

Savage wrote:There's a purple one on ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1975-Kawasak ... 100623.m-1

That looks really nice....
'83 ZX1100 '81 Z1000ST, '04 GSX1400, '19 Dodge Challenger Hemi

Garry.L
Hardcore
Hardcore

#20 PostAuthor: Garry.L » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:36 pm

Not really what you're after but just be shown a VERY nice early (April 72) Blue H2 that will be for sale shortly.

Same as.....

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

dazzler
Regular Poster

#21 PostAuthor: dazzler » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:51 pm

still looking guys , theres got to one somewhere with correct numbers and no issues £14,000 for right bike or im back to the zeds thx

Simon Jones
100Club
100Club

#22 PostAuthor: Simon Jones » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:47 am

Richard young on the triples forum is putting two up for sale in the next two weeks 15k
keep and eye out they will be mint if Richard has any thing to do with it.
75 z1b 75 h2c z1100r rd400 z1000a1 TS125

RAYZ1
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#23 PostAuthor: RAYZ1 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:15 pm

marmck wrote:This is my old H2C ( 1 of only 76 imported to the UK ), Have a chat with someone who has had one , They drink petrol , eat plugs , even when set up properly they surge ( want to be thrashed ) at a constant speed . But they are a gorgeous looking bike . Had mine for 4 years , sold it 7 years ago 4 £12K so make sure as with any classic it is all correct before buying ! Good luck

Ha ! I bought it for 11k 3 years ago, was running far to high s compression , came with dyno chart showing 85hp! , stinking fast until it ran hot , wisco o/s pistons had the cylinder pressures at 180psi , 0.5mm copper head gaskets sorted that and runs much kinder without over heating, cyl running at 155psi now
Attachments
88F9B43E-BFD2-48E3-BA79-931575CDC245.jpeg

marmck
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#24 PostAuthor: marmck » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:17 pm

hi RAYZ1 ,I found out that Rick Brett did the initial resto on it , but it was in candy red ( did you get the pics of it in red when you got the bike ) when he did it , I do not know if he did the engine work I never, I just replaced a few bearings & seals .It never over heated even on a 120 mile round trip (petrol stops included ) but the oil pump was set slightly over the set line , as this is how I got it , that is how I left it. When I got it , it had a Kh 500 front end & Higgspeed spannies with it . I sold the spannies & restored the front end ,still had the 305 front rim on when I sold it , I also got the seat strap & strips for it & chain oil tank & fittings & other bits , enjoy Martin

RAYZ1
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#25 PostAuthor: RAYZ1 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:27 pm

No it has the 750 front end , Rick did know the bike , don’t know if he did the engine work but doubt he would leave it at 180+psi on each cylinder , it was a rocket when cold , but did get hot and bothered , I checked everything eventually reading the work shop manual when it mentioned excessive compression, duly checked and far to high , runs sweet now. Had to replace the check valves on the oil lines as 2 were passing when stationary.
Too much oil can make them overheat as well , causes a weak fuel mixture
One thing was one of the top yoke pinch bolts had stripped the threads , it was tightened in with a piece of cardboard ,really . Anyway as these were blind holes managed to pick up a top yoke
Incredible what people will do, I mean that’s near lethal

Return to “Wanted Adz”