Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Wanted z900, I know there won’t be many, but I’m looking for a bike with full history, with very low miles

Post all your wanted ads here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Pilco
new poster

Wanted z900, I know there won’t be many, but I’m looking for a bike with full history, with very low miles

#1 PostAuthor: Pilco » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:57 pm

I’m not in a major rush - I just want a genuine original bike. Green ideally. I’m planning on keeping it for 20+ years. To own one is a boyhood dream I want to fulfil. Cash waiting for the right bike. Call Phil 07803974511 or email me on philip.andrews@workmates.co.uk
Thanks Phil

Garry.L
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Wanted z900, I know there won’t be many, but I’m looking for a bike with full history, with very low miles

#3 PostAuthor: Garry.L » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:25 pm

Welcome.

I'd be amazed if you could find a 100% original bike with all it's history and a service book stamped every year for the last 43 years.

Also, unlike more modern stuff, Low Miles does not always mean low wear, These bikes really don't like being sat around for years doing nothing and can require as much spending on them as a high mile smokey old lump.

If I was you I would concentrate your efforts more on a properly restored bike by a competent restorer who knows these bikes and as such knows where their problems lurk.

You'll get lot's of excellent advice off here from members who've restored these bikes for decades and can advise you on any possible bike you may be considering buying.

Good Luck
Last edited by Garry.L on Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Andrew_s
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Re: Wanted z900, I know there won’t be many, but I’m looking for a bike with full history, with very low miles

#4 PostAuthor: Andrew_s » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:50 pm

Good luck with your search Phil, I had owned many bikes and for family reasons waited 40 years to own a Z900!

Like you, I posted a wanted thread on here and in May 2017 I eventually bought a great original 1976 UK A4 (below) owned by a club member.

You've done to right thing in joining the Z1OC forum and like Garry says, there's a wealth of knowledge and experience on here, so please ask for advice - there's no such thing as a stupid question, just a stupid answer.... :lol:

Cheers, Andrew
Current Bikes:
Phil Churchett's 1976 Z900 A4: PRE 2R https://www.flickr.com/photos/115740825@N05/albums/72157680116996884
1973 XL250 K0 Motosport: UKX 73L
2023 R1250 GSA
Previous Zeds: Z750B1 Twin, Z650B1, Z750E

Return to “Wanted Adz”