Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Inner forks

Post all your wanted ads here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

Skid Mark
100Club
100Club

Inner forks

#1 PostAuthor: Skid Mark » Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:55 pm

Not sure if I should try get these rechromed or look for replacements:
I have been putting off addressing a poor rechrome issue on a stanchions for the 1000r as the company that initially did the job has now ceased trading and I now have an issue to one, but potentially to both of a pair of GPZ 1100 Unitrac forks, although only one fork is leaking. When I stripped the forks from the bike I discovered both had spots about 10mm dia. just below the balance holes where the chrome appears to have been ground down .It is causing the leak on one fork and can't be much better on the other.
Not sure if I should go for rechroming yet again, or look into replacements.
Out of interest do any of you have any of the above?
Phil

Andy M
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Re: Inner forks

#2 PostAuthor: Andy M » Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:53 pm

I don't have the parts you need but the best fork rechrome places are trading and have been for a long time . Philpotts and Dynasurf . Can't fault their work and it's probably better than factory original. The general finish on Kawasakis wasn't brilliant around the time of the 1000r and GPZ's . More so it was our salty roads that they didn't like and Zephyrs were worse again.
"Be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly, and listen to others; even the dull and ignorant. They, too, have their story."

Skid Mark
100Club
100Club

#3 PostAuthor: Skid Mark » Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:46 pm

Thanks Andy,
I'll hang on a little while longer to see if any replacements creep out of the woodwork, before getting in touch with chromers. appreciate the recommendations
Phil

Gus
Hardcore
Hardcore

#4 PostAuthor: Gus » Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:16 pm

"Set the GRINDER on it"

Skid Mark
100Club
100Club

#5 PostAuthor: Skid Mark » Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:08 pm

Cheers Gus,
They have pattern parts for both, working out about the same as rechroming but shipping is included and no 10 week lead time. Very tempting.

Return to “Wanted Adz”